Topic: Firefly MMOG Announced

Multiverse, a company founded by some of the old Netscape employees, has announced their intention of creating an MMOG based on the renowned television series Firefly.
Apparently, Multiverse are going to focus on building an engine capable of running all kinds of games and then hiring development companies to create the actual games. An interesting concept, and one that may well work. Being something of a fan of Firefly, I am very likely to check this out when it launches. They're aiming for 2008. I have no idea what the general gameplay focus will be, but Multiverse have said that they're not planning on making a clone of WoW or SWG.

The Wired Article.

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

Re: Firefly MMOG Announced

cool

I have been keeping an eye on multiverse for quite a while now. Their intention is to make the engine open to everyone, they will only earn money if the game itself earns anything

the firefly setting sure is an interresting one... hope they manage to make a good game!

Re: Firefly MMOG Announced

People may want to just ignore this next part of what I have to say.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Firefly should make a really interesting setting for an MMOG, assuming someone manages to make a decent game with the tools.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png