Topic: Non-RP games

What about non-RP games, including MMO's? Something along the lines of Guild Wars, for example?

For one, I've found a pretty good thing called Space Cowboy Online. It's basically a grinder with a strong action/flying element: though level and equipment does play a major role in the outcome of a battle, skills do matter a lot. You get to pilot a Gear (Basically a jet fighter) in a war between two factions.

What makes this game stand out is it's "light" gameplay and a pretty good, although rather aggressive, community (At least in Joumus ANI). Good, that is, if you don't mind some pushing each other and lighter /b/tard humour.

The game is getting a serious re-vamp this week, featuring completely new territory battle system and new skills. Quite worth a try, IMHO.

If you decide to give it a try, start playing on the Joymus server and select ANI as your faction. I'm a level 57 A-gear pilot named Wirt (How surprising!) - always glad to help with some tips or items.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Re: Non-RP games

I have a level 31 M-gear that I've given up beating my head in trying to grind, so I'll be playing a B-gear named StormSand from now on. Also on Joymus ANI.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png

Hm, I have a level 26 M-gear and I think it's not harder to grind then an A. Of course, harder than I or B, but you still do your weapons' default damage (+50% from your own buffs), have a good defense and can repair yourself!
And keep an eye out for the patch, maybe it'll become easier after it.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

I'm heading for you two, just dloaded and installed it (currently updating), i'll be joining Joymus and see if its anyfun..gear pilot name is still to be decided ^^

Ok, now that big patch, called "teh ZOMG patch" did bring a lot of stuff. The game's a lot more fun, as battles are no longer tied to gate camping and all gears recieved 4-6 new skills.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

I either have to grind my brains into dust in SCO (which isn't that bad, the combat is fun, it just takes forever), or look at a horridly toned down MxO that still runs choppy. Dam you MMO developers, can you not just get a game right! tongue

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png

Tried out SCO and combat is indeed fun, the town part on the other hand feels a bit daft.

I'll give it a few more tries before i declare my final verdict.