Topic: Not supported countries?

I've finally decided to try out URU, but it's not "available" here in Russia. Is there a way to somehow cheat the system or is it just, as we here say, "not the fate" for me to play it?

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Re: Not supported countries?

Waves to Wheri
I have no clue on your question, but nice to see you around Wher smile

You can
1) wait until GT finally gets to Russia with URU.
2) forget about the game
3) use some proxy thingy that people in the forums talk about. It's said that you only need to cheat enough to be able to register for GT, and after that the game is easy to get to and requires nothing more.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Yes, register through a proxy in say, America, enter some details, pay with your credit card, and from then on don't use proxy. Once you've installed the game, you don't need to use that Gametap interface either, luckily. Dunno if they have changed this now that it's not beta anymore though, but that's a way to do it.

>>I have no clue on your question, but nice to see you around Wher
Yeah, nice to see ya too. Not that I really left, I'm just not very active.

Good. So, I should either let someone register for me, or learn using proxies. Guess I'll try the latter.
While I'm at it, could you tell me about the game? Is it going interesting? Has much of the community moved there? Yeah, I know, I'm missing a lot of what's going on in IRC.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

It's going very well content-wise, but the story is very very slow to get going.

Not many have moved there, but I'm signed up and paying for it, so if you want some company in the game, give me a yell on IRC.

Mostly I just log in for the new content, play through that, and then wait for more. If the story finally gets a move on I'll actually be in there for the RP too.

-Norah/Liath-

Ok, the basic proxy helped. The game's downloading. I'll take the week-end to start playing it and (hopefully) buy the subscription. In the meantime, could you help me with a couple of links to the gameworld description?

Last edited by Wheri (2007-03-22 22:27:33)

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

There are a lot of links in one or two of the other threads on the URU forum here.

-Norah/Liath-

Back to the subject of cheating the system: it's asking me for a credit card, with country choice limited to USA and Canada. Obviously, I don't have an American or Canadan card smile

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"