Topic: Important Transformer business

If there was a Transformers MMORPG, what kind of a robot would you play? Please vote in the poll which side you would be on and post below what your robot would transform into and what kind of weapons and special abilities he would have.

SWG: CL90 Smuggler, Crimson Phoenix Ace, CL90 Engineer, Europe-Chimaera
AoC: L70 Guardian

Re: Important Transformer business

.. Can't I be neutral?

If I was forced to play such a game, I'd be a Decepticon, because I hate those goody simpleton Autobots.

And I would transform into.. Uh.. geeez.. A TV Remote with the power to.. switch TV Channels! MWAAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHA!! (evil, robotic laughter)

Of course I'd be a Decepticon...Autobots are just too...well too good (depending on the series of course and I still haven't seen the movie).

And being a perv I'd of course want to change into something phalic and vibrating :demon:

To Miho the power of transforming into a really ancient and outdated mobile phone tongue

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

I haven't decided which side I'd pick yet. Autobots are cheesily good and decepticons cheesily evil, but that's just the way it's supposed to be. Decepticons tend to transform into slightly cooler things, but the whole vision of the universe is geared toward rooting for the Autobots, so playing Decepticon might go against the intended concept and make it feel less Transformers-like.

As to what I would transform into, that's a difficult question on it's own. Many Decepticons go for flying craft, which might be fun, but since all transformers seem to be able to fly (at least int the animated series), it might be more fun to be a land vehicle from time to time, which would most likely mean going Autobot.

For weaponry, I'd like to have the standard beam guns they use and some solid melee skills. I wouldn't want to be as big as Optimus Prime or anything, though, so I might be at a disadvantage in melee, depending on how the classes would be built.

The special tricks I would be willing to forgo in favor of better usual combat skills, as I don't have any huge ideas as it comes to them. Maybe a grappling hook for catching elusive foes and towing damaged allies?

On a more serious note, a Transformers MMOG could be good fun, but it would be difficult to avoid extremely generic character looks. If they could give you the power to make your character unique, I would be very impressed.

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

I think Mir WAS pretty serious Ahnion..

It's kinda hard to tell...

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Darkhawk wrote:

I think Mir WAS pretty serious Ahnion..

Even so, I was more serious! wink

...er... I think.

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

It has to be an Autobot...just no way I can be evil smile :ange:

I think Esme would do well as an Autobot, maybe one that turns into one of those red Minis, the little cars. Then if one of us could turn into a truck you could ride in them and emerge to take the decepticons by surprise.

Okay, okay, I know "d20" may summon forth boos and hisses, but Fantasy Flight Games is a fine company that produced a mini campaign supplement called "Mechamorphosis". Where players play... robots! If I'm remember right (without googling and whatnot), it's basically Transformers without the trademarked name/story.

In my little universe, there'd be no option to play Decepticons.   tongue  Just like I daydream of the Once Upon a Time where Players could not play Drow in D&D....

I mean, if I have to DM (GM, whatever!), then *I* get to have all the EVIL fun!

Oh. I um... to be on topic more!

I'd be an Autobot (please note I have never watched the cartoon movie or the newer live action movie, and have not watch much of the cartoon series (plural)... only once dreamt that "Passion of the Christ" was about the ressurection of Optimus Prime)...

I'm really not sure WHAT I'd turn into. Or want to turn into.

...most boring Autobot ever. The printing press. Oh yes, loads of excitement! Or do I have to be a car? Heck if I know...

*wanders off again*

Last edited by Emaelle (2007-09-12 22:37:06)

Autobot. Because even without watching the series/movie, I know it entitles me to say "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost!" and "Autobots, transform!".

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

I think if there would be PvP it would be unbalanced due to the numbers we're seeing here, so it might make sense that the only playable side at launch would be Autobot. That way we'd also get more content as the developers wouldn't have to invest effort in making decepticon missions.

Yay! Let's find a seven-manrobot Transformers MMOG!

Last edited by Wheri (2007-09-17 03:59:11)

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Speaking of manrobots, there don't seem to be any feminine robots in the canon, at least I haven't come across any. How would everyone feel about feminine Transformers ingame? Should they be allowed? Of course, robots are genderless, but the voices and behaviours of the ones in the animated series seem more masculine to me than feminine. Yet there should be no technological obstacles in creating more feminine voice boxes and behavioural subroutines.

OMG, why won't this thread DIIIIEEE!!!????

*Miho stakes the thread through the heart*

Now stay dead! smile

Darkhawk must be stopped, no matter the cost!

And if I started explaining, why robots with a feminine behavior are a no-no, I'd be considered even more crazy and rude.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Yeah well and I would like to add:

http://deepspacemayhem.home.comcast.net … arkpg3.htm

And that's all I'm going to say on Darkhawk and/or feminine robots smile

And... she... is.... PURPLE!!!

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

.. I stand revealed!

*laughs* oh my Darkhawk, that paints you in a new light!

(anything to wake this thread up again!)

Esme

I see a lot of important people aren't participating yet so I've decided to help them along.

Ken would obviously be green, I'm sure anyone who remembers him from Seed would have to agree. Any other color just wouldn't feel right. He would be an Autobot, as I believe deep down he is a good person, despite his gruff manner. He could transform into a garbage truck to symbolize his grim outlook on life.

Norah would be a Decepticon, a cold machine of destruction turned bitter by her hopeless love for a certain handsome Autobot. I think black and white would be her colors, and she could turn into a gun turret. I was thinking jet fighter before, but I think Decepticons have a lot of those already so she prolly wouldn't go for that.

:sweat: