Re: List of games what are suggested for roleplaying

The problem I find with most MMOGs is that if you do find RP in them, you are usually limited to doing things that have no impact on the world. So, while I like social RP as much as story RP, I have to have both these days

Which is why I wait for URU Live  big_smile

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Norah wrote:

The problem I find with most MMOGs is that if you do find RP in them, you are usually limited to doing things that have no impact on the world. So, while I like social RP as much as story RP, I have to have both these days

Which is why I wait for URU Live  big_smile

Me as well. By the way thanks for the suggestion Norah, that type of game is hard to find.

Last edited by Quanto Solo (2006-10-27 14:06:20)

I've been doing some more research on Roma Victor. I've read through the forums on the site, and the picture painted is of a very RP-friendly game where politics is the name of the game, and players can influence the direction of the game directly through their actions. It's also extremely bug-ridden, and the client is full of errors, as the "final release" game is looking more like a beta test that has been released before it was truly ready for financial reasons. The community is very enthusiastic about the game, though, and determined to make it work.

Sounds depressingly familiar. I'm not sure I could take getting involved in another game just to see it vanish into bankruptcy again. If a group of us decide to try it, I'll sign up with them. But the lack of a free trial makes this unlikely.

Looks like I'm waiting to give URU live a go... And drooling at the thought of Age of Conan. It will almost certainly be action-based non-RPers who flock to it, but... It's CONAN!

Tantavalist, you're a Conan fanboi, and you know it wink

Have I ever claimed otherwise? I'm a fan of the fantasy genre in general, but Swords-and Sorcery has always been more to my taste than Lord of the Rings style High Fantasy, and Conan is the original Swords-and Sorcery setting. There's also the fact that I'm currently re-reading the original Robert E. Howard Conan stories, having borrowed the very nice hardback omnibus from a friend. Later writers did a good job of carrying on with Conan and keeping the setting alive (except Robert Jordan, whose Conan work I despise), but this is the original and still the best.

Last edited by Tantavalist (2006-10-29 15:45:59)