Topic: URU neighbourhood

So, in URU there are these things called Neighbourhoods, which are a little bit like guilds in other games (though not quite).
Anyway, you can make your own and name it.

For those of you who are going to give URU a try, would you like for us to make our own neighbourhood in URU, like they're planning to make our own guild in Ryzom, or would you prefer to join existing, possibly well-known ones?

And if you would like to make our own, are there any ideas on what we should call it? It would be an IC name, of course...

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Re: URU neighbourhood

I'd be happy to join a neighbourhood with you others. Also, I always like the idea of building something from scratch with others, no matter what char I play, so yeah smile As for name or anything. Dunno, will read the lore, learn the language and play through the single-player games around 1 day before it launches probably, looking at how these things go wink

Well, after Darkhawk's post, all I can say is... ditto. smile

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

well... same thing here wink

No ideas on names...  *looks desperate*
because frankly, I'm not getting any... good ones anyway.

I belonged to several neighbourhoods (before finding one that fitted right) in the old prologue, all of which will be around again for the second try, and I was still unsure as to whether I wanted to go back to those, or make a new one.
Kind of depended on everyone else here of course, but seeing as you all seem to be up for it, a new one it is.

Neighbourhoods don't really have a leader like guilds usually do, but (at least in old Live) there is one person who has to set up the initial 'hood (actual place, that is). Anyone can 'invite' others after that. It's more like setting their linking book to link to their new home, than inviting.

-Norah/Liath-

Oh, jolly.
I just got an idea anyway.

The Great Tree and growing is a very important theme in D'ni. It ties in with the original religion of the D'ni, but has also sort of developed into a cult of its own.

And seeds go with trees/plants and growing, of course.

Ah well, not exactly a concrete idea for a name, but a direction anyway.

-Norah/Liath-

"Seed of the Great Tree" as a Neighbourhood name?

Could be, yes. But it would imply a lot of things, IC.
People could take us as a spin-off / group of people who left and started their own neighbourhood, of the Great Tree neighbourhood.
Or they could see it as, we don't want to be part of this great tree of possibilities, and think starting a whole new tree would be better...  Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not sure if my char would even hold such philosophies... and if not there's no reason for her to be in a 'hood with that name...
Probably some other things it could be perceived as meaning, too, that I'm not thinking of right now.

Needs more thought anyway.

-Norah/Liath-

Since it's unlikely that the group will form a neighbourhood immediately, we should just wait until the rest of us know more about the setting to avoid any other misinterpretations. And to see how many of us are going to give URU a serious try.

Yes, and we need not have a too artificlal name to keep us together in a neighbourhood. Let's wait and see, and come up with something fitting, or just move into a neighbourhood one of our char names due to various reasons.

I do think something good could be done with Tree and Seed though. Just seems too good not to fit together someway that would be IC and still recognisable as coming from here.

-Norah/Liath-

For now I've made a beta neighbourhood (yes, no longer under NDA from here on, I can post this tongue). Seems we cannot rename 'hoods for now, so it's named after my char: Eilis.

-Norah/Liath-

So, story starts on the 20th again, and I've thought of some things regarding neighbourhoods:

1- If I do create a neighbourhood, and want us all to recognise it, it will be named just 'Seeds'.

2- I might create a neighbourhood called something else entirely, because that would fit in with the RP better. In other words, I won't make a neighbourhood with a Seed-reminiscent name if the RP does not lead there. Even if it would be nice to have a place we'd all OOC-ly recognise.

3- It's not certain by any means that I even will create a neighbourhood. I might join another one, go without one for a while, or stay in my randomly assigned 'hood. Where ever events and RP take me.

So, I don't know about you guys, maybe one or all of you will create 'hoods?

-Norah/Liath-