Topic: Play URU Live now! (international sign-up)

http://www.mystonline.com/email.html

Yes, you hear that right. It's the page where internationals can sign up to play URU Live Open Beta!

Have fun everyone, and I hope to see your chars in the Cavern soon (if I can figure out who you all are tongue).

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Re: Play URU Live now! (international sign-up)

Yes, apart from the fact that the inernational signup doesn't work, and won't, before after christmas.

However.. There's a somewhat simple way to get it to work. A few of us are using it, and are ingame. So if you're interested in that, PM me or catch me on the IRC smile

It's after christmas now...
GameTap better get off their bloody asses and provide (legal) access for the 'internationals' now.

-Norah/Liath-

As a loyal citizen of my nation i've done my duty to the king, the nation and my wee little toe...i've sumbitted my email for an invitation

I've got an invitation but I still can't play in open beta because of the GT signup difficulty.

Same here. It's starting to look like I'll be waiting for the full release after all.

I just found this from Randomos on the Myst Live forum

QUOTE:

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks,

Just a quick update...

First, please remember, this is the coordination of two separate companies to do something very involved and new to both - the creation of a separate account and login path for the international community. It's taking a lot to get right, but we know you are important and are doing everything possible to do the best we can.

So, we're working on these issues... first the IP blocking bug. This should be fixed any time now, the technical folks are aware of it and are working to resolve it. Next, on the launch date for International participation in Myst Online, we're still working on this. We should be able to make the same date as the general launch... that's the hope... if not there may be some other tricks up our sleeve. We will do the best we can for you, in any case. We want you to be a part of this amazing experience.

And last, the GameTap CSR folks are still getting up to speed on all the intricacies of working with Cyan Worlds, Myst Online, and our awesome community. We'll continue to bring them up to speed as quickly as possible, and thanks in advance for your patience as we work out all the details.

Happy Holidays all... and looking forward to a really incredible new year...

It does ring a bit hollow though. Considering that until the very day we 'internationals' as the rest of the world is called, were supposed to sign up (was that the 18th december or so?), everything was supposedly fine. Then when we get our international invites, we discover we can't sign up due to that IP blocking bug. Shouldn't Gametap and Cyan have known this? Next, when some of us do get past the IP blocking bug, we discover we can only chose Canada and the U.S. as our countries. Meaning there had been no preparation at all to set it up, the system was not in place at all - eventhough they said it was and sent out those international invites.

I find it very odd, at the very least. It's one giant mistake to be sure. Doesn't change the quality of the game itself of course. Well, if you can get in wink But still, I don't like how this was handled at all.

Last edited by Darkhawk (2007-01-03 05:51:27)

Seems the issue has finally been solved.
If I understood correctly, people who sign up will now receive an email that tells them what to do to start playing the game, and it works. I read that someone was now downloading the game.

If you don't get an email you might need to sign up again:   http://www.mystonline.com/email.html

-Norah/Liath-

I got the email and am downloading the client as I write this. Hopefully, I'll see you all in-game soon!

Made a new request, as i didn't get any notification first time round, maybe Belgium isn't considered worthy enough :cry:

Midragar wrote:

Made a new request, as i didn't get any notification first time round, maybe Belgium isn't considered worthy enough :cry:

Well, Belgium isn't on The List...
They seem to have some issues getting the legal stuff done for Belgium.
Still.... you might want to talk to Darkhawk or Dustman...

-Norah/Liath-