Topic: Merry Christmas (Interactive x-mas card/game) by..... me!

Been working on a little christmas game for a company called TurnTool.
They make a web 3D engine (www.turntool.com) - and it is quite safe, and quite good.

Me and Johannes (scripter) has put together this years christmas card - go give it a spin :

http://www.turntool.com/tnt/xmas2006/

Some info : It's about 3Mb game data, and ½Mb for the browser plugin, which currently only supports Internet Explorer and Firefox on windows. Firefox may prompt you to stop or continue a script, so please press continue, or the game data might not initialize. Flash is also required to play the sound.
When you get to the loader screen (with the throbbing package......ew) be patient. The level layout is being (randomly) generated, and 80% of the items are being placed (somewhat randomly too).
So it should be a bit different each time you play it, within some limits of course.

Arrows = Movement
Space = Jump

Read the intro please, and here's a little tip : Don't drink'n sleigh - but if you do get drunk, just have another and the controls will be back to normal again...... thats drunk logic for you smile

Have fun.

Cheers

Re: Merry Christmas (Interactive x-mas card/game) by..... me!

Sweet smile And interesting little 3D engine, quite fast. Or is that just me, still thinking this is 1997 or so, when the first ultra slow JAVA demo came out wink

No - it is pretty fast. And considering the game data, even more so, and the compression is amazing.
I think there's way past 50k polys in this game, and quite a few textures too.
The 3D, animation data and textures are only 2.2Mb or so. Then there's a few hundred Kb's of sound and some scripts.
Very impressive.

However - it is hardly a game engine as it is now. Too much functionality is missing, but it might come.

Cheers

That's sweet, merry christmas to everyone (yes I know i'm late, but you know.. family dinner and everything..)

Nuala wrote:

That's sweet, merry christmas to everyone (yes I know i'm late, but you know.. family dinner and everything..)

Ha! You beat me! Mind you, not difficult wink

I hope you all had a very Happy Christmas, that Santa left you loads of wanted gifts, and that you all have a wonderful New Year!

I'll be seeing New Year in working on ArchLord, so I'll probably keep an eye on IRC just to see if anyone else is partyless (yes, partyless, not pantless, Mir!).

Esme

Thanks, Hatetank!
The game is very nice cool, couldn't jump high enough though :cry:

Esme wrote:

...so I'll probably keep an eye on IRC just to see if anyone else is partyless (yes, partyless, not pantless, Mir!).

Poor Mir, I guess he has would have been converted in SeedleRPG by now, but just for a reminder, Miho is the pantless one smile

And Happy New Year for everyone of course!

Dustie

dustman wrote:
Esme wrote:

...so I'll probably keep an eye on IRC just to see if anyone else is partyless (yes, partyless, not pantless, Mir!).

Poor Mir, I guess he has would have been converted in SeedleRPG by now, but just for a reminder, Miho is the pantless one smile

Ack! Yes, my apologies Mir! Miho's pantless antics have scarred my thought tank!

Esme