Re: the "I am new" thread:

Greetings to all the fresh meat

Last edited by Midragar (2007-01-02 13:00:17)

Welcome Mystical smile

Welcome Mystical
smile

Hi Im "New" too :sifflote:

Welcome newcomers, it's always good too see our numbers growing smile

yay....more people big_smile

welcome!

Hey Moby smile Thought you were dead.. But you got better? wink

I cant believe i didnt notice that....

*slaps himself*

I know my way around -dont belive the hypeev erything is a lie.... :demon:

Yarr, y0, hey, hello, hej, tjenare, howdy, hajimemashite, ciao.

People say I'm new, but.. i've been around for at least 25 years.

Hey again.

No no no.. You are new *nods sagely*

And welcome smile

hehe...welcome!:)

Welcome lad.
Ah to be 25 and new again....
smile

Miho wrote:

Welcome lad.
Ah to be 25 and new again....
smile

To remember the feeling of remembering to be 25 again...

And welcome!

"Ah to be 25 and new again...."

- I believe the phrase you're looking for is "Ahh to be young again..... and also a robot" big_smile

Cheers

Cheers, gaijin. Welcome to the nut'ouse. wink

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

So there are still seedlings after Seed! I miss the game, haven't even uninstalled it yet.

I used to consider myself roleplayer, ever since an incident in the NWN1 PW Haze where I was almost killed by the goatmen and a elf priestess found me bleeding and healed me. The gameworld suddenly came alive and I was hooked. (they are in beta for the NWN2 prequel now www.nwn2haze.com).

Roleplayed in WoW, but the game felt too static and found Ryzom and fell in love with the game and the storyline. My guild at the time (Evolution) started playing Seed and I joined in. The graphics were nice and almost everyone I met roleplayed - and the RP even had impact on the gameplay.

I remember there was some talking about buying the IP and the source code after the bankrupcy. Is that still a possibility?

Welcome Soina! smile

I didn't know about Haze, I played ALFA myself (http://www.alandfaraway.org/), but I've bookmarked Haze, just to see.

After Seed, a lot of us went on to RP in SoR, which was a great setting imo, and we met quite a lot of RP'ers early on. Then all the RP'ers, us included left the game in a trickle sadly. Wonder how it is doing now.

I think the IP is just gathering dust with the Seed investors, but it hasn't been bought and I don't know if they want to sell. Maybe in time, they will, but I expect they on principle want a somewhat significant sum for it (not just 5 dollars wink).

Who did you play in Seed Soina, if I may ask? I remember the name Soina vaguely, but not as a Seed char?

hey Soina and welcome big_smile

I guess a lot of us havent uninstalled seed yet..I just cant get myself to do it heh
How is evolution doing these days? what games are being played? feel free to drop by our irc channel!

I think you will recognize a few people from ALFA in Haze, Darkhawk, people went to ALFA as the project Penitence (which was a sequel to Haze) was cancelled. The original Haze setting was really cool; think the TV show Lost set in Forgotten Realms.

Darn investors! I also remember there was an attempt to make a MUD/MUSH/MUSOMETHING with the Seed setting. Many of the systems in Seed would be very suitable for a textbased game.

And yeah, I actually played Soina and a few other (that I can't remember the name of). Didn't make a lot of noise though wink

It looks like Evolution is doing fine at the moment, Oluf. Most of the oldies have come back to SoR after a few months in Vanguard. Ryzom itself isn't exactly growing, many of the RP crowd left for LOTRO (!).

Soina wrote:

I think you will recognize a few people from ALFA in Haze, Darkhawk, people went to ALFA as the project Penitence (which was a sequel to Haze) was cancelled. The original Haze setting was really cool; think the TV show Lost set in Forgotten Realms.

Darn investors! I also remember there was an attempt to make a MUD/MUSH/MUSOMETHING with the Seed setting. Many of the systems in Seed would be very suitable for a textbased game.

And yeah, I actually played Soina and a few other (that I can't remember the name of). Didn't make a lot of noise though wink

It looks like Evolution is doing fine at the moment, Oluf. Most of the oldies have come back to SoR after a few months in Vanguard. Ryzom itself isn't exactly growing, many of the RP crowd left for LOTRO (!).

We have a text RP game going in the Seed setting, actually. There's a forum for it in the Recspace section.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

We've had several people try to do Seed-like games, MUD/MUSH'es, shareware games, even a MMO. They've all come to naught though.

Our Seed: The Second Chance text RPG, modelled after traditional pen and paper techniques to some extent is working out very well though smile

Darkhawk wrote:

Our Seed: The Second Chance text RPG, modelled after traditional pen and paper techniques to some extent is working out very well though.

... and is always welcoming new players, by the way (I'm the GM).

And hello Soina!

Hi there,

I am one of the lucky / unlucky people that had the chance of playing Seed. Lucky because I had a revolutionary experience with a great new concept and awesome graphics, unlucky because I know what I'm missing out on now, I really miss the game and wish I could play...

I'm 33 years old, love to roleplay, and I was known as Emine in seed. I was there for about 2 weeks, right around the time the medical stuff was implemented and the injuries began.

Maybe some will remember me, but I'm sure most will not seeing I kept to myself alot while learning the game.

Anyways, every 2 weeks my friends and I get together and have a roleplay night, we create all of our games ourselves using a modified version of the TRI Stat rules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Stat_dX
http://tristat.wikispaces.com/

My friend, our lead GM, is currently doing his scenario and when he is done, (approx 2 months) it will be my turn again. I was looking for a good idea to create a roleplay about and I remembered Seed so I went on a search. I knew Seed was no longer around, but hoped for snippets of info and was surprised when I found this site.

Now, my roleplay will be based upon Seed, but on a nother ship still in space, something will happen to cripple the ship etc, a few select players will be created by TAU to repair the ship (oh there will be alot of repair rolls). It will be somewhat horror themed seeing they will have to figure out what crippled the shit etc... Anyways, i'm still in my raw draft hence my quest for info ^^

Planning this has awoken some very difficult nostalgic feelings and I am thinking and looking at screens I find here all the time. I can not believe there is nothing that can still be done, I mean, It can't just be gone forever, maybe in the near future, a similar game with the same graphics and concept can be made? I'm quite sure that the more mature players would love a mmorpg like Seed, fighting monsters and pvp gets old... fast. I don't know much about software rights etc, if only the company could reconsider to get Seed out of the vault or someone could do a remake I don't know... starting to feel bad again... oh well, at least I have my rpg to look forward too ^^

Emine.