Topic: Where did we come from?

I have been beating my head against the wall tonight, triggered by my attempt at coming up with a coherent backstory (not just the various impressions in my brain) for Tinai.
I can't seem to figure out, from the lore presented on the Ryzom site, what the hell we're all doing on the island and where we actually were before we got there. Does anyone have a sensible explanation for this? What have we missed?
It would help tremendously to know...

Previously I've assumed we came up from the roots, but this is obviously wrong, since it's been quite some years since those events took place. There are some indications that island newcomers are stray refugees that didn't make it to the rainbows in time. This makes -some- kind of sense, but it's definitely not entirely established as far as I can see.

I know some of you folks have previous experience with the game so I'm posting this openly in hope that someone's gotten more sense out of the lore than I have.

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

Re: Where did we come from?

Ahnion wrote:

There are some indications that island newcomers are stray refugees that didn't make it to the rainbows in time. This makes -some- kind of sense, but it's definitely not entirely established as far as I can see.

From what I understand, that's what the lore says. Our parents or grand-parents couldn't make it to the Prime Roots, and thus lived the life of refugees, scattered in the old lands, living nomadic lives, in fear of the kitin finding them.
Somehow, we were called by our people, the ones who made it on the rainbows, and who get out of them 40 years ago, to help them rebuild our society.

Now that's what the lore says.

There is no real explanation to why we all stopped on this exact island. Must be because the Silan island was added recently. So I guessed that after a long and perilous journey, we take a little rest stop on the island, before continuing our journey to the capital of our tribe.
The fact that it is an island is problematic... Is it an island surrounded by water? in that case, were we travelling by boat? Where we all brung here by a tempest?
Personally, I would prefer to refer to the island as a refugee camp, located on the road from the old lands, to where the new civilizations are raising. Maybe in a valley between two close mountains, so we would all have to pass here on our way.
Anyway, that's the most logical explanation that I can see to the presence of the four tribes in the same place.

Last edited by skanx (2006-10-09 20:59:22)

Re: Where did we come from?

Yes, I agree. After pieceing together the lore, this was more or less what I came up with as well and I'm rearranging my backstory to work along these lines.
It works, but only if we all stick to the same story. If we suddenly have two or three contradicting backstories concerning where we are and how it is that we're here, it gets bloddy complicated.

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif