Topic: All my seed stuff

I have managed to setup a Gentoo linux system that is currently holding all my Seed stuff, shared for all of you people. I have only 512k upstream so the site wont be fast but neither are the files very big. I didn't do much sorting of what I put there so there might be some strange garbage with those files.. but hey enjoy what I had at:

http://psykiatri.dyndns.tv:8000/

7.6.2007 I did a complete rework on the directory structure of the stuff I'm hosting and also made a directory to hold every directory as a zipped version for easy download.

8.6.2007 The site is now updated with concept art and some concept videos and also with a big set of pictures from Arash. wink Plus some other screenies. Thanks for Darkhawk, Ahnion and Skrylar for most these.

14.6.2007 Finally overcame the huge difficulties we had on having any sort of file transfer between Norah so now theres a) an FTP for uploading stuff that you can access if you need (of course you need the access from me first) b) 2 beta vids from Norah! Thank you very much and the videos are available now!

14.6.2007 Darkhawk was kind enough to have his Seed client packed up and uploaded for the enjoyment of you all! Of course the client is sort of useless since there are no servers to connect to but there are instructions on this forum how to use the files there to walk in the tower once more.

14.6.2007 Another update today. I finally managed to make some html pages so the address has changed a bit. Also thanks go to Dustman for a concept picture I was missing and Oluf for a pre-beta concept picture (the org.jpg very special picture).

16.6.2007 Finally after overcoming the difficulties at connecting, hatetank has been uploading lots of new stuff to the site. You can find all of that under Nicks_Seed_Dump folder for now.

!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!

If you have any Seed stuff that isnt found on my server, please contact me so we can get your stuff available for everyone! Screenshots, txt-files, everything is wanted!!

!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!

Last edited by Sekra (2007-06-16 12:31:24)

Re: All my seed stuff

Excellent Sekra. Thanks.

Cheers

I have today upgraded the harddrive of the server to a huge 160gb one big_smile
That also means that if any of you want to host your seed stuff on my site too,
just give me a PM and we will work something out. All for free of course.

There will be a short break for the server next week (last week in may) as I have to move to a new apartment. Dont know exactly what day I will be moving my computers there and when they will be back online. Of course this will happen on the last of may at the  latest and the current net connection should be hopefully be down first of june earliest. The good thing is that there is allready a working net connection in the apartment where I am moving to so I hope this will not be a long break. And I hope I can fit all my stuff to the new place too yikes

Nice that you zipped the Seed Kit for easier download.

Okay the move is over now and I'm trying to find space to put all my stuff now and the webserver is back online.. The port had to be changed since I changed ISP as my friend allready had a net connection here and the new ISP blocks inbound traffic at the default http port and I hate that ISP since they have hundreds of restrictions like this with their connections. Anyways I have updated the address to the first post in this thread...

Here goes out a general plea to all of you! If you have _ANY_ Seed stuff that you dont see on my site, please contact me ASAP so you could send me that stuff and I can host it in my site. I'm looking into the possibility of opening up the Seed Wiki again on my site too. So please please, every pdf, txt, irc log, screenshot, concept art, video, anything related to Seed, bring it on and share!

Thank you Norah for a couple of beta vids and Darkhawk for providing the latest version of the client. Sounds funny saying that.

I still can't upload the 2.3 Gb videos and screendumps I have on ONE of my beckups, because your FTP is too restrictive.
Followed your guidelines in the mail, and still no luck. 3 different FTP clients all report the same.

- if anyone, who can get through to Sekra's FTP would be willing to setup an FTP of their own and act as "middle man", I'll be happy to give it another go.

Cheers

I'll toss my mini-FTP thing up and keep it running while I'm awake. I've got a pretty fast line, so I should be a good middle-man. I'll send you the login details via PM.

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

Ahnion : Thanks, though Sekra has fixed some stuff, and it looks like it's possible to upload now. So hold that thought for a bit.

Cheers

2.3gb..uh! either thats a LOT of video or its just compressed real bad wink

Okay the transfer is finished now although I only got about 1.7 gig of stuff.. so did something stop the transfer? Anyways everything I got is now available on the site. Enjoy! smile

The connection seems to be a bit unstable (I don't know why), but it has disconnected during the night.

I'll tell you in this thread when it is done, and the file sizes match. Please do not access anything in the Nicks Seed Dump folder untill I say so.

Cheers

aaaand done.
Unfortunately the DVD gave me several "cyclic redundancy check" errors, so I'll have to get a new copy from one of the other RGD guys. But I've upped all that I could extract from the DVD.

- the error is also why it had only upped stuff partially during the night.

Cheers

Thanks soo much, this is great stuff, Sekra's site will have a big load for the next weeks, everyone will want to download all the stuff in the same time smile

/waytogo HateTank and Sekra

The Seed repository will be going down as of NOW for an unspecified time because I am moving to a new place.. I expect to get it up and running again in a few days since the internet connection should work straight away in the new apartment but you can never know if everything goes as planned. Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

*reads the first sentences and panics*

oh...wait...its coming back up again...oh ok good big_smile
Hope everything works out with your new apartment!

Downtime for the repository will continue for I have not yet been able to find a suitable spot for the computer. It's too noisy to be running in my room and there isn't a closet as good as in the old apartment. But do not fear about the contents of the site, everything is backed up on my main computer and as soon as I get a nice quiet moment I will burn them to dvd's. I will try to find a solution for the computer placing as soon as possible.

On a sidenote the new apartment is looking great with 20m2 more compared to the old place. Everything is starting to find its place and only a few boxes to unpack anymore.

Good to hear smile Congratulations on your moving then.

how can i accas to your stuff i always get a cant open the site message pls help

His site has been taken down, but Rookie-Do has downloaded all the stuff and will host it on his server I think. Haven't heard about that yet though.

/me pokes Rookie-Do