Topic: *IC* Bulletin board

((This is an in-character thread: all out-of character talk should be written in double parenthesis.))

Someone set a simple board near the campfire where Homins have made a habit to gather. Being nothing more than a pole with a flat piece of wood attached to it and dug into the ground, with the word "BULLETIN" carved on top.
A single note is attached. On it, in rough handwriting, can be read:

"Farewell party! In 2 days time, Perun will be leaving for the mainland! We will be holding a farewell party for him, as well as anyone who decides to accompany him. Everyone invited!

Also, if you are going to leave, we recommend you to take as many Homins of your race as possible with you, so the road is safer, less boring and your first time in your capital easier.

It is probable that Wheri and Tinai will be leaving as well - Trykers invited to an interesting journey!"

((It will be held at Thursday, 12 October, at 20:00 CEST, at the fireplace))

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Re: *IC* Bulletin board

Another note has appeared, in the same handwriting:

"The Creative Crafters need Good Materials for making their Useful Items. Nice Reward or Grateful Praise promised to the Generous Providers. Everyone is invited to make their own Little Lists of Needed Things.

Wheri:
Abhaya wood
Ocyx shell
Ocyx ligaments
Dung resin
Irin oil
Dante sap
Cray secretion"

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

(( a note, stuck to the bath house in Pyr and the bar in Fairhaven reads the following: ))

This Holeth ((saturday)), some of us will arrive to Fairhaven with a trek of Dragonblades coming from Yrkanis. This trek will go back to Yrkanis again, so this is the chance we've been waiting for to finally meet up and get you all out of Fairhaven. We will set out from Yrkanis around the 10th hour of the the day ((22.00 GMT)). I don't know when the trek will get there, but am pretty sure it will eventually get there. There are good and skilled homins in the blades.

Please gather this Holeth, all of you who want to join up with the rest of us, so we can finally proceed to Zora together.

yours,

Perun

((the following sent to all members of the Seeds, from Nurep in Silan. Since it's his writing I thought we might as well make it IC, and comment on it IC. Except for the OOC part also attached of course. If it is accepted, or after it is accepted with changes, I'll post it to the official boards, and we can begin thinking a little more in terms of recruitment smile))

--

The Seeds of Atys

Atys is threatened. Slowly getting overrun by Kitin and infested by Goo while many homins are busy fighting each other for faith and greed. They are busy not working together, busy
not seeing the danger, busy not learning from the past, and busy not understanding that we are all equals, no matter religion or race.

This must stop, and it must stop as soon as possible. If we do not unite in purpose, we will soon have more trouble on our hands than hominkind can handle. Why are we fighting each other, when the Kitin stand ready to invade once more, and the Goo is slowly, unstoppingly spreading, corrupting all it touches? Why are we so blind, so intolerant, so set in our ways and lives?

Too many guilds of homins have no over-arching goals. They focus on acquisition of riches and skills, but to what purpose? Some focus on killing fellow homins, be it for faith, simple greed or thrill, others focus on providing a family or circle of friends. Many do a mix of these things.

Where are the guilds that want to change Atys, want to make it a better, safer place to live in for all? The guilds who see that intolerance and blind faith only lead to pain for all of Atys? The guilds that want to live and die for higher ideals?

A few are out there, and we are one of them.

The founders of the Seeds have all met each other in the ranger camp at Silan - the rangers taught us the value of cooperation and respect between races - even between faiths. In Silan, we also learned the joys of exploration and friendship. The Seeds of Atys have emerged from this soil. We represent those who wish for hominkind to band together and fight the great dangers, growing and learning together along the way. Our goals are ambitious:

- Demonstrate that homins of different races and religions can stand together
- Study and fight both Goo and Kitin

We are a young guild spending much time training and exploring Atys in preparation of achieving our second goal. For now our resources are limited, but if what we stand for resonates within you, you will be able to take part in shaping the guild, hopefully being part of something that will one day make a real difference to Atys.

Along the way, you will find friends to share joys and sorrows with, friends to help and get helped by, and friends with whom to explore and wonder.

For more information, or for meeting us face to face, you can contact any one of our current council members: Perun, Kendrus, Wheri or Dagannys. 

For Atys!

((

we are a pure RP-only guild - open for those who wish to immerse themselves fully in their chars, going where the roleplay leads them. Our general rules are simple:

- always stay IC, unless using brackets (()) or [] for OOC
- generally avoid the use of OOC in public or guild channels

Experienced roleplayers will know what is implied by this, and we'll be happy to help new roleplayers settle into it. We also have our own take on ingame matters such as communication, death and respawning. What matters is not age or experience, but that you want to roleplay fully. If you do not like roleplaying or only roleplay part-time then the Seeds will not suit you.

We have a forum and our own IRC server for being social and OOC - we have a great community spirit and some of us are playing several games together. The forum (and in the future a homepage too) can be found at www.seedthecommunity.org.

(This site is not just for the Seeds of Atys, it is a place for all online roleplayers, regardless of guild. It is our hope to gather roleplayers from online MMOG's and give them a community and other RP friends to be with, making it easier for all of us to experience the RP we crave so much)

))

/waytogo :mrgreen:

Ya got m'con-fir-ma'n t' let 'is thin' go! ((Semi-IC))

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

((nice message, hopefully it will attract some more rp'ers!))

((I'm OOC for now, since Kendrus haven't read it wink It's very well written Darkhawk, and hopefully this will do the trick))

((A big resounding yes))

((letter sent to all guild members))

This Tria ((wednesday)), I would like to call a meeting of the council, and for all interested Seeds, at the 15th hour ((15.00 GMT)), hopefully in our new Guild Hall, which we will have purchased by then.

I have two topics I wish to discuss, one of which will be of fundamental importance as to how we function and act as a guild, the other to discuss some current issues and strategies. 

Of course, I hope we can also take this opportunity to celebrate our new Guild Hall. If not this Tria though, then hopefully at another time, soon.

If the other council members have some issues they'd like discussed, I hope they'll follow up on this letter with their own topics.

Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Yours,

- Perun

((A letter sent to all members of the Seeds))

Since we're having a council meeting tomorrow, which I trust everyone has recieved notification about, I'll want to discuss a potential new member to the Seeds.

I hope to see a lot of you in our new guild hall now that we have the means for it.

Kendrus

((Basically, I finish work two and a half hours after the start of the meeting. Sorry about giving inaccurate times beforehand. Would we be able to push it forward, by even a little bit. Worst comes to worst, I'll be there, I'll just be late.))

((it's ok with me to push it, because then I can actually sleep an hour longer wink However, I arranged we take Kendrus' topic before 18.00 GMT, so let's say we start with that one at 16 GMT, i.e. move the meeting an hour, then take this topic, then fill in the time if needed, then start on the other stuff when Malleus gets home from work? If you disagree I'm afraid I won't be around to notice, as I'll be crashing into bed soon wink))

((Wheri is feeling unwell lately as I take a break from Ryzom. Nothing more serious than a bad Atysean cold, he's already getting better, and by the end of the week you'll see him again :))

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"