Re: Cells - Nantes 1944

Would those interested in joining us on Thursday please write a little message here again, so I know how many to expect?

I'll be there!

yeah i will be there as well

I have Thursday off, so I'll try to get in on this again. Should be about noon here.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png

OK, will add Mehken to the list of maybies.

For those who don't know the game rules, here is a version.

Okay, the test was okay, though we didn't manage to get as many people as we'd have liked. Anyway, we played through one very exciting and even game (Gestapo won). Thanks to all those who showed up!

On Tuesday 11.9. at 17:30 CEST, we'll be holding an "official" test, with the friends of the rest of the game making team present (and more stable than the ones Jukka invited on a very short notice yesterday). You're all welcome as well, in order to make the game as big as possible. Please put a note here if you're interested.

actually...we played two whole games and both very pretty good, in the 2nd game the resistance was even kinda close to winning

But, I will be there on Tuesday

We decided to have a little talk with the new test subjects before the game on Tuesday, so the actual game will be starting at 17:30 CEST, instead of 17:00 CEST.

We're more likely to be able to start in time than before, because we're using school computers for most the new test subjects, and won't start installing Java to anyone this time.

I'd love to, but of course I'm in classes right then. Sorry for missing last Thursday though, I was asleep all day recovering from school.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png

Sandling, by the wasy: Are y still making those portraits? Because mur said he'd accept my own work too, so you don't need to.

Question to those who have tried the game: How bad a problem did you find the fact that you often have to wait for several minutes for others to have their chats?

THat's fine, especially considering that we are RP'ers here, and we'd like to be able to RP these chats. Of course that takes time.

If you want the game to have broader appeal, maybe include a timer function the players can agree on for turn length?

Hmm... Well if your own turn only consisted of, for example, attacking a target and you have to wait for two chats to take place it could decrease the 'fun factor' a bit.... These kind of rounds are quite common as the gestapo cheif (at least in the start of the game).

However I dont think the problem is big enough to justify making any major changes to the way chat is handled... Afterall you could always spend the time thinking about the next move, who you can trust, making notes etc

I'm asking because it would be quite possible to redesign the gameplay in order to make less waiting, such as having separate chat and action phases in a round (so you don't need to omit chatting if you attack, protect, etc). That would, though, be a major change.

You mean that you would be able to both start a chat (ie, look for contacts or contact someone you know) and take an other action during one round?

Wouldnt that take some of the interesting gameplay away?

Some of it. But not the core of it (the date agreeing / infiltration). It's just kind of annoying you practically have to limit the time for RP very much due to this problem.

Hm well attacking a target, or doing an other none-chat action kinda looses its value I think. However I agree that it would be best if each player actually *did* something each turn instead of sitting around waiting for 5 mins... smile