Topic: Portal

Soo... anyone played Portal?

I played it today (played and finished, very short) and for once I can actually recommend a game! big_smile

Interresting concept, great humor, and only becomes a bit repetitivefrom time to time (easy to imagine a game like this become very repetitivekinda fast)

The final boss fight (and end credits) is worth all 3-5 hours.

Re: Portal

Guess I'll be getting my Orange Box by New Year. But from what I hear... can't wait!

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

have to admit that I have always found half-life 2 to be a bit overrated. A good game and all, but just overhyped a bit

But portal is almost worth the full price of the orange box big_smile

Yes Portal is quite excellent.

Portal was great fun. Very innovative. Can't wait for more user maps to emerge.
Think I'm gonna try installing Team Fortress during my 16 day christmas vacation smile
I'm still a bit disappointed about HL2. I can't help feeling that there's way to much non-interactive storytelling stuff, and beinge-led-by-the-nose gameplay. I like games where you're able to stray. Where you have less limited moveability, and perhaps even 2-3 ways to solve a task or mission.
It's a damned fine story, but there's just too much strictly scripted stuff.

Cheers

I feel that way with Bioshock myself Hatetank. And well, all other games that aren't more sandboxey. I think especially FPS'es have great potential for being immersive/sandbox-like experiences where you wander through a complete world. And then genres can merge. Adventure, roleplaying, even strategy (the old game Dune, not Dune II, had all these things except shooting smile). Boiling Point (a terribly buggy game, but still) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. are like that, but they lack better/stronger storytelling perhaps.

Well, that was short. And I can't get the feeling that

Show hidden text

there would've been cake

or
Show hidden text

everything went just as planned.

But then, there are still two unbeaten episodes of Half-Life and a whole TF2.

Last edited by Wheri (2008-01-09 17:46:44)

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Well, I created a Steam group at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Seedthecommunity. Dunno why, but feel free to knock on it for an invitation if you want.

Last edited by Wheri (2008-01-12 11:05:05)

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"