Re: Event: Night of the living dead community

Connect to holotrek.org:1701 with your preferred client at 5 PM BST.

Here's the URL for a nice, easy client: http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/

Then type "connect guest" and "newbie What do I do now?" to talk on the newbie channel and stand by to receive instructions.

SWG: CL90 Smuggler, Crimson Phoenix Ace, CL90 Engineer, Europe-Chimaera
AoC: L70 Guardian

I'll have to pass, too. I've got some work to do today and will probably be too tired to play anything by the evening.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

So, I guess we're three newbs then. I figured I'd be playing Ensign Timotheus Viitanen, of the security department.

What you can do beforehand is type up a small description of what your character looks like. You'll get a description of your uniform ingame, so don't bother with that, but everything else, like, the head and shape, you can do.

I had fun, which is the most important thing.

It went from a 7-person clusterfuck to afk-waiting and back, and we just barely managed to get the plot started. It takes way longer than I remembered.

That means we're going to continue the plot later. And I got 2 noms, too! I'm like ultra RPer even on a night like this.

Message 580 ($mail_57896) on *Starfleet-Staff:
To:       *Starfleet-Staff and Ikas
Stardate: 20080419.2342
Subject:  Acting Captain's Log: Stardate 20080419
---
Acting Captain's Log

Stardate: 20080419.2245

Commander Jason Ikas commanding USS Endeavour.

We arrived at the planet Kuu for our scheduled survival training last evening and began it this morning. All was proceeding well, until a sudden electromagnetic field of unknown origin disrupted potential communication with the Endeavour. Fearing for the safety of all involved, I aborted the training mission and we all returned to the ship. Upon returning, we determined that the planet itself had emitted the field at several points on its surface. Why, we have been unable to determine. We will do what studies we can, but a full science expedition should be mounted in order to more thoroughly investigate the phenomena on Kuu.

A note to Starfleet Cartography: Recommend that Kuu be marked as hazardous and that civilian ships be advised to avoid the planet.
A note to Starfleet Operations: Recommend that Kuu not be used for survival training purposes in future, due to potential for loss of communications, severe seismic disturbances and unpredictable and severe weather patterns. These factors combine to make the probability of loss of life in a training exercise on the planet to be quite high.
A Note to Starfleet Cartography: Recommend that Kuu be marked as hazardous and that civilian ships be advised to avoid the planet. Also recommend that Kuu's planetary class be reviewed with an eye for changing it to class Q (variable), due to recent drastic changes in the ecosystem.

---
-----