Topic: Dreams that stand out

Hello

I imagine a lot of people will consider me insane after this. However, the ones who have experienced this might understand.

I have had odd dreams, twice now. I think they may not be 'just dreams.' If they really are not, I would like to know what they are and how they come to be. I imagine I must not be the only one to have had dreams like this if they are really not just dreams. So, I am asking, anyone who has experienced similar dreams, please contact me. I am making a sort of database on this to see if there is anything to it or not.

I'll describe some of the elements I think are important, though not all of them have to be present in one dream:
- Realising you are dreaming at some point during the dream.
- Meeting people who you know used to exist in the dream, looking exactly like they do in TAU records, but who you are certain you have never seen before.
- Getting the impression that TAU is talking to you in the dream
- The possibility that what you dreamed happened for real (though not literally, it can be more abstract)
- The dream is unlike any dream you usually have, it feels alien, you do not think this is something your mind could make up.

As a postscript, it would be even better if people who have had these dreams, did not have them during periods of severe stress (I know stress is all too common here, but something truly not ordinary) or after traumatic events.

Ishi

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Re: Dreams that stand out

I would like to remind people that my previous message is still in effect! Please, do not feel shy or stupid if you have had dreams like this, it can be handled completely anonymously.

-Ishi

-Norah/Liath-

As a development of circumstances, I will not be able to guarantee anonymity of any who come to me on this matter in the following two weeks. In fact, I can guarantee that it will not be anonymous at all even if we go to a private place. I will be under surveillance.
After the two weeks are over, the people's decision will make it clear if I will be able to continue this project after these two weeks and if so, how. I will post more info then.

I would still like to ask people to come to me about these dreams during these two weeks, and will hope they do not fear ridicule too much and brave having their name be known.

-Norah/Liath-

Ishi - The Common Good

I can now guarantee anonymity again, but I doubt many will still want to come to me on the matter of these dreams.
I'd ask you to put aside recent matters, since I don't think they are relevant to this subject, but I realise that may be hard.

Provided my health holds up during the time I will be spending as a testsubject for the Tyler's Ailment project, I will be available and very willing to hear about any unusual dreams as described in the original post, if any are still willing to come to me about them.

-Ishi

-Norah/Liath-

Hussein - The Horizon

Okay, what the heck, I'll do it publically. It's not like people aren't already laughing their asses off every time they see me anyway. So, here goes:

I was having a dream last night. It started out nice and normal, with me making out with several hot ringmembers, in the Dawn Club. Then one of the girls whispered into my ear: "You're just dreaming, silly", and I was like "Just my luck!". And that's when things started to get strange.

First, I got this really nagging feeling in my necklink, like someone was checking out my location repeatedly. I looked around but the girls had vanished, leaving me all alone in the Dawn Club. All alone with the walls, that is.

I figured TAU had somehow logged into the club's projection system, because it spoke to me. "You've screwed up big time this time", it said. "That Chimbot you kicked yesterday was my personal concubine." I said I was sorry but it wouldn't listen. So, suddenly there was a huge wind and I fell into the holographic wall, where there was one of those really close close-ups of some Earth plants.

So now I was a tiny man in a huge world full of giant spiders and ants and stuff. So there was a lot of running in panic that's not really interesting, I think. I only got a moment's rest when Sebastian, who was sitting on a giant pink flower, told the ants go fix their anthill before it'd collapse. And he told the giant spiders to go chase the Lurkers and those criminals that were tried a month or so ago.

Then I was somehow alone again, working on some machinery that seemed to be melting away in front of my very eyes. That's when Felman walked up to me, the fresh young redhair that he's in the old recordings, like the one they showed us when Sebastian was suspected for those old things. The thing is, I'm pretty sure those recordings I saw never showed his boots. Because I'm sure I'd have remembered those ones. They were worn over his workersuit, and they reached up to his thighs, bright pink with purple spots. But I checked later, and found one image where his legs showed and that's what he was wearing. Maybe that was some speedgrowth heritage of his, from some time in the world where such things were fashionable...

Anyway, Felman told me the tower was in great peril and it was up to me to save the day. Too bad my floatbed cycle ended, and I woke up, so I can't tell more about this crisis. Maybe you can figure it out.

Oh man, now you're going to think I've made this up. Because that's what I'd think - it was all so weird. My reputation won't help, I guess. So I won't be insulted if you just ignore this altogether. But if you don't, please let me know if you figure out what any of this means.