Topic: Let's try a bit of a different way again.

Hello.

The campaigns's not dead quite yet, it seems. However, I feel some revisions in how we run it are in order:

At the moment, and possibly forever, the player characters are scattered all across the storyspace like seeds of daffodil in a hurricane. There are way many threads in my hands and I can barely knit properly with one. You might start to see where this is going.

From now on, each session will have a set of 1 - 3 or so focus areas, such as a ring, project or other storyline. Hence, some players will be central to the session while others may not. I'll try to balance this from one session to another, but there will be sessions during which your presense will not be required.

I'll announce the general topics of the session beforehand, as well as which PCs I consider most central. Other players may join those stories if they come up with some way to involve themselves actively (though it may not always work). It'll still be nice of you to keep your clients open during the sessions even if you're not in focus, in case you happen to be at your computer. (But don't waste limited energy by running your hardware idle, seriously.)

I'm hoping this way I'll be able to experience a little more of a story and a bit less of a mess. And it just might benefit you as well, through increased GM attention when it's your turn to be in focus.

I'll see if we can start this next week.

Re: Let's try a bit of a different way again.

That sounds very good.

On a related note, does RPGchat support some sort of sound cues yet? It'd be very useful, if not outright necessary for those of us mostly unrelated to the central plot of the *ahem* episode.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

You mean a sound effect meaning "Wheri! You're needed!"?

Edit: Oh, and I'm afraid the answer would be "no".

No, it doesn't.  I'm not sure what would be the best way to impelement that feature in a cross-platofm manner either.

I think it'd actually make a lot of difference just to ignore the OOC channel when determining when to do the usual "blink and beep" effect to alert the player to the program.

/whisper and /think ! smile

I'm not sure how those would address this issue, Darkhawk.

They won't, but those are features I'd love to see. Just.. Lobbying y'know wink

Rumour-section should be anonymous within game.