Topic: IRC channel

This section looked so empty so here's a quick help to join us in IRCnet (after RUNEnet goes down):

fire up your favorite irc client like
mIRC
Xchat
Chatzilla or a
webclient

Then you gotta go find a server. Now this is the "tricky" part altho it usually is very easy if you know what you're doing.
IRCnet is made of tens, even hundreds of servers which are linked as one big network. Because of much abuse many
of the servers are limited to a specific country or a specific ISP only. So the first place for you to look a irc-server to join
is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) settings page or FAQ page or similar. If your ISP doesnt have a server of its own,
then try this list:

IRCnet.com serverlist

and again,  try to find a server as close to you as possible.

Only after these steps have failed should you try a server list that is in your client!
Those lists are usually out-of-date and don't have your local servers listed as they should be.

After getting in its just the matter of typing:

/join #seed

and voilá!

If many people have much difficulties joining IRCnet which should be the most easy to access since it is the "original" irc network,
we might consider migrating to another network. But lets stick to IRCnet for now, mmkay?? smile

P.S. You should be able to connect with the webclient from anywhere and join the channel to ask for more help if you need it.

Re: IRC channel

Thanks - this was most helpfull!

a few danish ircnet servers:

irc.ircnet.dk
irc.dotsrc.org

Good idea...the uk one that I use:

uk.ircnet.org

Those of you who use servers that are not listed in the IRCnet.com serverlist, you could post servers here so others can access the chat more easily..

Hey, I use a hungarian only server, elte.irc.hu, but only *.hu users can access it.

Lost my Miranda-Logindata for IRC.

Tried to use the Server of FU-Berlin under Germany:

"u-berlin.de / *.DE     
name:     276B Freie Universitaet Berlin, Germany"

But Miranda needs "Network", "Server Name", "Internet Address" and "Port Range".

Problem. sad

use irc.seedthecommunity.org for all of that + portrange 6667-6667

We don't have any #seed channel on a irc-net server, Skanx hosts us on our own.

Darkhawk wrote:

use irc.seedthecommunity.org for all of that + portrange 6667-6667

We don't have any #seed channel on a irc-net server, Skanx hosts us on our own.

thx, but got the following error:

[22:39]    Connecting to irc.seedthecommunity.org (irc.seedthecommunity.org: 6667)
[22:39]    Notice from irc.seedthecommunit: *** Found your hostname
[22:40]    Notice from irc.seedthecommunit: *** No Ident response
[22:40]    ERROR : Closing Link: g227073007.adsl.alicedsl.de (Registration timed out)
[22:40]    *Disconnected*

yikes

ok, try irc.mkc.fr instead.. If my memory serves me well.

Darkhawk wrote:

ok, try irc.mkc.fr instead.. If my memory serves me well.

SSL on "Auto" was the problem, had to change it to "off". Thx anyway! smile

Alright, who stopped feeding the hamster? He has stopped running in his little wheel and the server has gone down sad

Last edited by Kailas (2009-03-26 22:21:33)

PANIC PANIC!!! The irc-server died???? + what Kailas said...

Edit: Neither irc.seedthecommunity.org nor irc.mkc.fr is working anymore.. what gives?

Last edited by Sekra (2009-03-26 21:56:56)

Well, most went offline true. But the TM'ers stayed online. That is, Mekhen, Norah, Kryigerofe and me. Oh, and Chimbot actually, so.. Probably not the server.

I dont know anything sad