Topic: News and updates

I thought it'd be appropriate to create a thread for news and updates on what we're doing ingame, both for members and other (maybe wink) interested parties.

Tax raised! - Will the Oppressed Revolt?

Yesterday, I raised the corp tax from 0% to 10% again. It's been 0% when we were only 2-3 people playing, and weren't sure what to do with EVE. Now, we're growing (slowly, but that's also the point -  we don't recruit officially, we recruit people our members know, and go from there gently), and we have plans. Those plans need funding, so the tax has been reinstated.

Corporation Ship Fund - Safety First

A fund, that will make sure every member who loses ship/equipment/implants during official Corporation activities (PvP, mining, wormhole exploration, etc.), can get completely reimbursed. In order to cover complete disaster and death of all corpmembers, I want this fund to stabilize around 1 billion ISK - suffice to say, this will take a little time, and until then, when we do corp activities together, all ISK earned might have to go into the fund to help build it. As of now, there is roughly 50 million ISK available in this fund.

Research Station - Mad science and blueprint scribbling

Our very own, private research station in orbit somewhere in Gelfiven (most likely). All members will be free to conduct material research, invention, blueprint copying, etc. there. As you may know, it's virtually impossible to get a research spot in any NPC station in high-sec (30-40 day long queues). Also, there is a very nice ISK opportunity in selling blueprint copies from well-researched originals, and we want the corp to be able to both get into that trade, and have good blueprints available for members to build cheap battlecruiser sized ships for (and later battleships, when we have the money for those blueprints).

Such a station has quite some demands in order to be set up and maintained. Initial costs will be 200 milion ISK for the station and research lab itself, 400 million ISK for the resources needed to power the station autonomously for half a year without our intervention, and finally, around 1 billion ISK for 3 battlecruiser blueprints. These will start to earn us constant money when they have been researched up to ME level 50, but that will take around half a year or more. Thus, this is a long-term plan, and the initial cost is massive, coming in around 1.6 billion ISK (though we can of course start without a full 3 blueprints).

As our corporate wallet is mostly empty and I want to focus on the Ship Fund first, Sherrick, Gujolais and myself have planned to throw in our own money for the glory of the corp in this. Newer players are of course NOT expected to chip in but help, if possible, certainly would be welcome.

Tyrannis - The New Goldrush?

The newly announced expansion to EVE coming somewhere before July, introduced player structures on planets. ALL planets. I.e. players can now set up mining operations there, and the possible income is dependant on planet type and security rating of the system. Later, when CCP releases their console game Dust 514, we're supposed to be able to conquer or lose these installations through ground battles that we pay the players of the Dust 514 game to wage for us. As a gamedesigner, I think this is a very interesting and novel idea in regards to players interacting across different systems, and apart from that.. It sounds like fun wink However, for half a year at least, it's first come, first serve on all planets, and we want in on that action as a corp.

There is no data on what equipment, skill, money and time will be needed to set up a planetbased structure, but I plan to check out the test server for this, and have the corp and all interested players ready to be the first in the capitalistic pioneering line when the expansion launches. It'll be good, PROFITABLE fun. More info as it becomes available.

Factional Warfare - Killing off those Imperialist Dogs

The Seeds recently joined the FW aspect of the game, signing up as a Minmatar corporation, and now in a state of war with the Amarr and Caldari militia. Apart from the nicely fitting RP elements of this, we wanted to check out this part of EVE and get PvP experience in a more mellow, less dangerous setting. We've gotten some experience already of course, and have some plans as to how we can make more of an impact on the gameplay. Also, it'd be great fun if we could field our own corporation-only teams of skirmishers, tacklers, heavy assaulters, etc. We want to experience more FW with our corp members, building a strong strike-force, that can react fast, accomplish things, and have fun. I'd say this is a major focus for us at the moment, but we also want our members to settle into the game a little more before rushing into it (oh, and get that Ship Fund up to 1 billion ISK wink). I expect 1 or 2 days a week might become FW oriented.

Wormhole Exploration - because Extreme Danger is fun!

Probably this is what we'll do as the next corp activity. A foray into a suitable wormhole, with enough people to both fight the Sleepers (and salvage them afterwards!), run the complexes and mine the Bistot and Arkonor inside. This will take some planning, and over the next week or so, I'll ask you all about your possible roles, equipment and what you'd like to do. Oh, and we really need to find a class 1 wormhole, because otherwise our not quite filled Ship Fund will suffer too much wink

The Future...

Well, this is what's on the menu for now, but EVE is a huge game, and we could be doing all sorts of things, whatever people are interested in doing. Day-to-day we mission-run and salvage each others missions, debate ship-fittings, skilltraining, gaming systems, and just relax as well. We'll see what more comes up, but I'll say, it's actually quite good fun playing EVE this way, tight corporation, relaxed ambitions, no hurry. smile

More news when something happens.. This post has been pretty huge as it is wink

Re: News and updates

Aww, man! You're about to do a fun thing and I have a nonzero chance of being stuck away from EVE, or home (Closest thing I have to one, anyway) altogether.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Well, I've been sick for a week now, and then there's Drakensang II and DA: Awakenings. And the local RP conference this Easter, so.. Lots of time I'm sure..

Tyrannis is here, and it's interesting - not the kind of scanning-and-prospecting interesting I hoped for, but a veritable heaven for anyone looking for supply chain management. Just look at all the goods you can make!

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Also, we now have a Twitter IN SPAAAAAAAAAAACE! that is also IC and not quite as silly as regular Twitter.
And I've only understood now: with suitable planets you can support a POS without ever leaving a wormhole system. I don't think it concerns us, but damn!

Last edited by Wheri (2010-06-03 23:17:04)

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Well, we will go for suitable planets to get at POS fuel actually, since it otherwise costs us around 400 million ISK to power our station for half a year.

Just ran some basic calculations. Right now it makes zero sense to do pretty much any PI. I'll have to wait for a while so the market can re-stabilise, pre-existing stockpiles run out and early adopters burn out.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"