Topic: Seed the Game

Hi, I'm new here. I was wondering if you guys knew anything about the Source / code for the original game Seed which as we know closed in 2006 :cry:

Are there any Open Sources for the program, server files etc. Basically anything that could be used to play the game again?

Or if anyone could redirect me to a website that i could find this stuff that would be great.

Re: Seed the Game

Hey

The IP, source code, art ect are owned by the investors of seed i believe. And from what we know they have no plans at all to release it as open source. Buying it from them you say? Maybe when we win the lotterty next time big_smile

The only thing if you really really want to experince the game is to get a hold of the client and a copy of the qube engine and load the data files. Someone here have done it, I havent tried it myself.

Hmm, you think they would ask a lot of money for it?

Does any member here have the client and data files?

Also, who is the main Investor of Seed, it would be good if we could contact them. :mrgreen:

Last edited by benf199105 (2007-08-26 17:05:39)

I don't know if they would charge a lot of money for it really.

You can find the client and data files at Sekra's website, look in the Data Fragments section of this forum.

And I believe the main investor was Østjydsk Innovation: http://www.oei.dk/

Last edited by Darkhawk (2007-08-26 17:09:45)

I imagine they would, to be realistic.

Without the GM-team and the stories we had going on, with the devs accomodating us and developing new graphics and content for them, there's really not much of a game to play, though.

Because the RP and the stories, that was really the game.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Thanks alot. You guys rock.

If it is to be rebuilt you have to start from the bottom. smile

Last edited by benf199105 (2007-08-26 17:10:27)

We (facepunch), can probably get a server running if we find a way, and you guys are welcome to join in the fun of getting it to work if you want.

Yes like Galenus said if you guys can help us gather up all the material Facepunch can get it going, we love the sound of this game.

The RP was the game yes, but apart from that, the gameplay mechanics had real potential, the celshaded graphics were awesome and the atmosphere in general superb.

You guys should be able to get a lot of Seed stuff and info from this site, including the client and data files of course. We're trying to get everything about Seed into Sekra's repository smile

The repository mentions running the Seed stuff through the Qube Engine Studio?
Is there a link to that?
I'd like to try learning the engine, but finding it quite difficult at the moment.

Yes, there's a post that describes how to do that somewhere around this site. I've done it myself, and it's quite nostalgic moving the camera through the abandoned tower, heh.

Here is a link: http://seedthecommunity.org/viewtopic.php?id=242

Ah, thank you.

Oluf wrote:

Hey

The IP, source code, art ect are owned by the investors of seed i believe. And from what we know they have no plans at all to release it as open source. Buying it from them you say? Maybe when we win the lotterty next time big_smile

The only thing if you really really want to experince the game is to get a hold of the client and a copy of the qube engine and load the data files. Someone here have done it, I havent tried it myself.

I've posted some clarifying information about license situation in http://seedthecommunity.org/viewtopic.p … 5495#p5495 .