Topic: Fallen earth

I dunno how many of you know this game.... but it seems pretty cool!

Speaking from a roleplaying aspect, I dont know how good it is for that. But speaking about setting, and the way to do mmo's this game looks sweet!
Check out this video with some in-game clips:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JdWZWUCgc_g

and their website:
http://fallenearth.com/

Re: Fallen earth

I've been waiting for that one for a while now. Over a year, maybe two.
It's slow, but it looks like it would be good.

As for RP, the RP possibilities:
at the worst they can't be any worse than those in any other non-RP oriented combat MMO, and at the best, well, they might be better.
Though I don't expect this game to cater to Rpers like Seed did, and URU promises to do.
The way they introduce all the different peoples, that's good, though. It's IC, for one.
I like the strong definitions that go with each different group.

Last edited by Norah (2006-10-29 11:00:17)

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Looks fun, but not for the near future I fear

No, it's not. Been in development for years, and no word yet of even a closed beta. I think it'll be a year or two more at the very least.

-Norah/Liath-

I dont know norah. Did you check out the video? Of couse its a closed place that is made for showing but it seems they got a good deal of things working already
I would say around a year or so.

Anyway, I am sure to keep an eye on this from now on!

Thing is, trailers looking quite a bit like what they showed have been around for years too.
Don't get your hopes up, at least.

-Norah/Liath-

Well...its not a trailer its in-game footage smile

so yeah...they announced the closed beta for this a few days ago....

My estimate was pretty good then ^^

-Norah/Liath-

Yes, I've been playing it a little, so has Rookie-Do. I'm also in the closed beta, but I don't really spend much time there. Can't say anything about the actual RP, nobody I met RP'ed in beta.

Graphically, it looks ok indoors and characters look ok when not.. moving wink Animations are not too nice though, and the outdoors looks somewhat.. ugly big_smile It's not that bad though, there's both effort and money in it, just not AAA title money.

As for the setting and lore, that seems fine and promising. The text is in general good. Wouldn't play it without great RP though, but the setting works.

I'm playing the beta and will be playing retail. I won't be doing much RP or picking a char (except hogging the name I want) during Open Beta, but if you want RP after it launches, well, maybe our chars might just meet up.

I won't be looking for RP (i.e. doing stuff my char wouldn't normally just so I can RP) or hanging out in some tea-party RP-cafe where my char wouldn't set foot for IC reasons though.
I'll just play the game as is if I don't find RP along my chosen path.

-Norah/Liath-

Update: FE is not that different from most MMOs, though it has no fast travel or classes (which are GOOD things). A few things might make it more pleasant to RP in than the usual MMO, but all in all I think that it will be no better, or WORSE than any other place not made specifically for RPers.

I'm enjoying the game itself, not yet bug and glitch free entirely, but apart from some Open Beta new wonkiness it feels very much playable.
I like the setting, and the game seems to have attracted a good portion of RPers, quite a few leaving other games for this.

So if anyone wants to come and RP after launch, I'll be playing. The roleplayers have their own site and forums too, though only a few of the RPers actually post there (quite a lot are members though).  http://fallenearthroleplayers.com/

-Norah/Liath-

Took a look the last beta days, looks like a nice enough game and so I ordered it. If I just play along or aim for more RP wise depends what I'm going to find I guess.

Nice. Did you pre-order in a store that gives early access or are you waiting until the 22nd?

-Norah/Liath-

Bought one with early access, took the download version from the Fallen Earth website itself.

Heh... never seen that many in one MMO.

http://www.globaltechatlas.info/2009/05 … es_09.html

-Norah/Liath-

Seems that even an apocalypse can't purge enough out of existence...

Anyway, some animator had a thing for dances obviously, nice touch and the game looks nice compared to the screens I remember from 3-4 years gone smile

Oh yes, as for the graphics:

they don't appear to have a middle setting. If you can run them on high, they look quite beautiful, but if you can't, the game immediately looks rather bad.
Since I can run them on high, I've always thought the game was gorgeous, and I didn't know what people were talking about until I saw other people posting screenshots.
Then again, they're not horrible on low settings or anything, and the game itself is worth below-expectation graphics.

I'll post a comparison once the game goes live of my own shots and someone else's.

-Norah/Liath-

And in case someone decides to play FE after reading all this, you could enter this code into the referral section, it will get both you and me in-game bonuses and whatnot:

PPCWT

-Norah/Liath-