Topic: Establishing in Ryzom

Hey all. Since we are planning to move to Atys we must start to plan on the gathering of the members of the community. Since we start on different places acording to race I offer my service to guide all players who decide to do Trykers. I will play a tryker myself and will post my name and identity soon. All trykers who wish to stay together as we establish ourselves should call me.

More to add soon

if there are other people in the community who are sure what they will play, please post here if you wanna help the community to establish.

Thanks

Re: Establishing in Ryzom

At the moment I'm in island ((tutorial)). My name is Victoria and I'm from matis race.
((That's all so far, haven't deside or design anyting else yet. Server is Arispotle))

Last edited by Victoria (2006-10-02 05:52:55)

I think you are on Server Arispotle isnt it? I can come to you if you need help or background information. I know very much about atys. Any question? Ask it!

I'm a Matis on the newbie island, and going by the name Naethin. Tin/Ahnion made a good suggestion for a meeting place on the island (reposted in "Keeping the Seed Community" in the Ryzom section), so I'll be dropping by every so often to see if anyone's there.

Somebody (I forget who or where) suggested a Seedling guild called Da Vinci. This name wouldn't really fit the mood of Ryzom, though- may I suggest something like "Scattered Seeds" as being both appropriate and in keeping with the Ryzom setting?

I agree with the name. Scattered Seeds will fit into the setting of Ryzom as we are all refugees and still catch up with the reason that brought us here.

Scattered Seeds would be good!

I am also still on the tutorial island. Was the plan to "meet up" tonight?

To make a Gild you need to Enter the Mainland or you know Someone who is on the Mainland. Say him he should make a new Charakter and a new Guild. Then with the Gild Invite Command all Players Invite which should in the Gild. Then someone from the Island should be leader - he can make it. I cant make it, sry! I am an the wrong server wink Good luck

I think we'll need two guilds, one for Karavan players and one for Kami players.

SWG: CL90 Smuggler, Crimson Phoenix Ace, CL90 Engineer, Europe-Chimaera
AoC: L70 Guardian

As I understood it you could also be neutral?

I think we should not meta-plan (out of the game) too much, as a big part what we like, the RP, evolves around meeting people, making decisions and being surprised at what happens. If we know already what will happen in game for the next month, following a tight plan, much of the 'excitement' of the RP will not be there (at least not for me). Without risk of RP resulting in things you don't really want it to result in, it's not nearly as fun/intense.

That said, we do need a structure to build on. It is not enough that we meet up and just decide to 'adventure together'.

So, we should make interracial bonds here and there. My char has a tighter bond to 2 of another race, that I'll work into his background. And we should have chars that are ready to bond with who they meet and talk with initially (lonely refuges, in a place where nobody talks to them.. But then, someone does. Of course you'd usually like that. usually). Maybe also ready to establish something like an interracial guild, working for the good of all. And Scattered Seeds is indeed a name that might be appropriate. So would Seeds of a new World be if we were slightly more organized, and so on.

As for guilds, they can be neutral, but will technically have to be Karavan/Neutral or Kami/Neutral, which might present a challenge for keeping us together ingame. But how about we solve this, ingame, when it is relevant and our chars discover this? And how about we let the RP develop freely in the directions that is natural, based on us meeting each other? If we just keep some openness in regards to bonding and willingness to wok multi-racially together.

What I think will happen is that we, being refuges, will bond and make friends. We will risk our lives (ahehm, we're effectively immortal though) on the island, help each other in tight spots. Then we will agree to travel and meet uo probably. That's when our chars learn more of the world and might start to drift from what happened in the ranger camp. Or they might strengthen the bonds they got, based on what happens to them. How about each player takes responsibility for that, and then we see what happens, and who we are, when we do meet up again?

Last edited by Darkhawk (2006-10-02 14:47:12)

I agree with you Darkhawk, in almost everything

Yet if we want to re establish the community we have to know who everyone is and work towards gathering everybody. if we let just Rp drive us we will mostly lose a lot of people.

Of course Im all for Rp and it would be the best and most exciting way to find everyone and build from there, but the risk of losing the community is present and should be accounted for.

I also agree with Darkhawk, about not forcing the guild. We can, after all, RP with each other even if not all our characters are a bid happy family.

I'm a bit late here, but I agree with Darkhawk. We have an overhanging idea of where we want to go with this, and that's enough. Eventually there may be more scripted events, run by those who wish to be semi-GMs, but for now, what we need to do is to get our characters to bond, and that's already happening. Also, there is no reason every character has to like every other character. Hrm. Obviously. *grins at Esme*

As for guilds, I think we can safely wait with those. We have means of communication such as this forum and the IRC channel. Eventually, I imagine we'll have several guilds (based on whatever our characters are going to be focussing on) that centre around a community.

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

You can write tickets about Event Idea and Suggestion. Write it, the Event Team will read it surely! I know that wink