Topic: Seed Meeting 2007

I think this goes here. At least we'll pretend it does.

So, I was thinking, and have been, for some time actually, that it was time to gauge interest in a thing we decided to arrange some months ago when Seed was still alive.

A Seed Convention or meeting of sorts, in Aarhus, second biggest Danish city, around the 4th-5th May, very close to the one year launch date of Seed. We'd try to get devs and GM's and players, in short the community, gathered for an evening/day/weekend of get-together, reminiscing, talking about present and future too and just in general have fun and see each other in real life.

Is this scary? Maybe so, but I'm pretty sure we'd have a good time smile

So, there are some things we need to do. First off is seeing how many would be interested of course. Reply here to this thread if you think you might be coming.

Second is that someone in Aarhus should do some organizing, of course helped by some of the other Danes. In regards to finding a restaurant/bar to meet at. I'm sure those coming from other countries who wish to stay a few days to see Aarhus/Denmark could be accomodated with guides and people too, but there's enough time to figure that out.

For now.. Who's in, and who wants to help plan it and knows places where we might get a good 'partyhosting' deal?

Will be there :
Darkhawk
Miho
Nuala
Nuala's boyfriend
Quanto
Frakel
Oluf if it's the 4-5 may
Hatetank
Relic

Last edited by Darkhawk (2007-02-09 01:32:52)

Re: Seed Meeting 2007

I'm in! And I can take a weekend or so off to show people around too, I think.

I can also help with some arranging, but I don't live in Aarhus, so I can't do the main-work.

Great initiative! wink

I'm in, already took the time off to be prepared. smile

I'll be there.

If anyone needs anything in Copenhagen I should be available as a guide and such (At least I know where the gamingstores are) smile.

I remember someone suggesting a place in Aarhus(someone with a GF who worked at the place) but I forget who and where.

I'll be here too with my boyfriend big_smile

I intend to spend a few day in copenhague before going to Aarhus so i will use miho's hospitality and guide skill smile

Please wear pants :'(

the 4th and 5th are sort of holidays here. Remembrance day and Liberation Day. Also the 4th is my father's birthday.
Could we move it a week?

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

I would love to come...anything later then 4th or 5th i most likely wont be able to come too however (exams + other meetings/parties to go to)

One of the seed devs did suggest a place... I cant remember it off the top of my head but i may be able to find their website again

I probably won't be there after all. I calculated some costs, and it's sickly expensive. It would amount to probably at least 300 euros for 2 days or so.
Also I'd have to fly. Flying is too stressful if I'm going to stay that short.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

My brother's girlfriend is the manager of a bar, that several of the former RGD crew frequents.
In order to do make some reservations, I need to know in due time how many will attempt.
We can get a full floor to ourselves, with it's own bar and a bartender IF we're 30 people minimum.

So let me know.

Oh yeah - it's in Århus of course.

Cheers

I am definitely interested. :-)

Well, i dont know if we'll manage to be at least 30 but i agree, we have to decide it quickly because i have to take my plane ticket and tell my boss about my holiday ^^

If it's in Aarhus, we may also need some help to find an hotel or somewhere to sleep tongue

Hey I live in Århus - how could I not attend this? Im in!

I feel it pretty unlikely that I'd manage to get all the way down there to attend, but perhaps.

I think that many more RGD'ers would attend. In fact i think it'll be easy for me tu pursuade the entire graphics department to attend. If so, that'll be me, Jan, Sammy, Thomas and Gabriel. Not sure about Anders and Kristian, since they moved back to CPH. Might even get Rasmus to com - if he can get a hall pass wink

I also think Anne and Kroll will join, and most likely also Mecha. Maybe even Sigrid, since she skipped the last few gatherings?

Cheers

Sigridz have to be there! I have nougat for her!

The goddess of huggles! I have not forgotten! Her High Priest is still giving out huggles now and then. Really. (maybe this will get too scary for some..)

hm might not be easy to get up to 30

a quick count at the names mentioned in this thread now gives us +/-15 who can attend

Oluf wrote:

hm might not be easy to get up to 30

a quick count at the names mentioned in this thread now gives us +/-15 who can attend

Not including possible attendance from the Seed dev team... That might boost us closer to 30...

Yer all bastards! big_smile Unless Ontario miraculously moves up next to Denmark, don't expect to see me. I don't have a grand to shell out on plane tickets dammit! tongue

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png

*bumps this thread to the top*

Someone should take charge of things if we are going to make this happen...(yes..i am looking at you århus people!;))

.. Which means Frakel and Hatetank wink

However, as for organizing this. We need a place and a time. It seems people will arrange hotels or stays themselves, that's fine. So not much organizing is needed really. Just an arrangement for a place to meet, and we'll take it from there, also in regards to those that want to stay a bit longer than for half a friday.

If we say it'll be friday the 4th, the next question shows up, namely when? Will all people be able to attend at, say 18.00 GMT+1, earlier, or later?

And apart from that.. *gently nudges Frakel to write about the place he knew where we could be if we were less than 25*

We can still be at Waxies if we're less. We just won't get a private room. And around 21-22ish the place will fill up with other guests as well. But it's a cozy place with good atmosphere and normal prices.
I might still be able to get access to more private areas, but I do need to know when it is and how many we are, if I should have any chance of setting this up.

Cheers

Yes, yes DH... Ill tell them...

If we are less than 25 we can get our own floor on Café Smagløs in Århus free of charge. This is a place where we can get something to eat and drink at normal prices - and sit, talk, mingle etc. There is no dancefloor... The place is very cosy. Waxies would be nice also - it is larger, has more to offer. But if we cant get some place for ourselves there, I think we should go for the café. We are there to meet and talk with each other after all.

www.smagloes.dk

www.waxies.dk

Last edited by Frakel (2007-02-15 17:41:51)

Good call Frakel. Smagløs is nice too.

Cheers

I guess I have no choice but to be there, considering the threats Nuala have been making.

Tried reaching Sigrid but no luck this far.

What I need now is  3-4 guys for the kidnapping of Sigrid in case she doesnt show up smile

btw... Hatetank...Waxies ?? I still have nightmares about our last excursion there....

Mecha
Former Developer and GM on Seed
Who will feed the mice now?!?!?!