Topic: Walking in the tower again.

Like most of us still have Seed installed on their computer, i guess we better use it for something useful. Like wandering in the tower just to feel very nostalgic again big_smile

First step is installing Qube, you can download it here:
http://qdn.qubesoft.com/index.php?main=downloads
You have to choose the QSDK 1.1.1 Full Windows one if you are using Windows. Installation wont be a problem for any of you I think big_smile, so launch QStudio

Second step is opening the right file.
Go in File, Open Q database, and look for the asset.q that is in your SeedTheGame directory. It should be in SeedTheGame/q/PublicRelease. It's more prudent to make a copy of this file, just in case.
Qstudio should ask you some things about a camera, just say yes.

Third step: visiting the tower.
Now you just have to choose the right camera to visit. For exemple to visit the garden just choose the ZONE_GARDEN in the list. Good thing is that this zone is related to all the other zone of the recspace, so leaving from the garden will allow you to wander even in the steambath.

You'll be able to see a lot of stuff in this asset, even the techspace. Well, enjoy big_smile

Re: Walking in the tower again.

Ah yeah i remember someone did this right when it closed down... I just couldnt stand to wander around the tower all alone back then... but I think I might check it out now big_smile

The asset.q is a little big (more than 400M), so if anyone find a way to cut it in little piece (like zone_recspace.q ...) it would help me cause Qube is always crashing on my linux ><

(and they dare saying that it works perfectly on linux... yeah..right)

Anyway if a dev is looking at this post, the version that can be downloaded is the 1.1.1 but if i remember well Seed was develloped with 1.1.2? Did that made a big difference?
And anyway, are you allowed to download the 2.0 version? Cause i'm not :sifflote:

You'll have to ask a coder, but i think we primarily used 1.1.1, but there might have been a switch near the end to 1.1.2 -
2.0 is most likely not 100% compatible with the older stuff. I'm pretty sure you'd have to recompile everything.

Were SteamBaths released before we shut down? I can't remember.

Cheers

yes, the steambath were released at the close down announcement, so we had a few days to visit it.
It was a very nice place...

And thanks for your answer hatetank, I hope i'll find a way to make qube works on linux ><

Nuala wrote:

Like most of us still have Seed installed on their computer, i guess we better use it for something useful. Like wandering in the tower just to feel very nostalgic again big_smile

That sounds wonderful. I still have the client. Is it possible to patch it on the last version after installing? If yes, how?

thx
rkd

Nah, patching would mean that we still have a server on and that's not the case. You can just get the client on Sekra's repository. It's the last patched one. Then you just have to download cube to visit the tower with Esme's tree and the steambath.

Okay, I will try it on this way, thx! smile