Topic: Zen teachings

Greetings,

I wish to extend an offer to those who are interested. During speedgrowth, I have studied so-called pre-Technocracy Eastern culture, and in particular the ancient art of Zen.

Zen is hard to describe - instead it must be felt. It is a complete way of being, which encompasses your body, thoughts and feelings, reshaping it into a harmonious whole. I offer teaching in this technique to those who have the will and natural inclination to benefit from it.

Not everyone will have the disposition or patience that is required to learn this. It takes self-discipline, deep contemplation, patience, focus and a corresponding mindset where you rest in yourself, not in others. In turn, it teaches you to channel your focus, to move in harmony, to feel an inner peace and understanding. It will affect everything you do, and give you the strength to persevere in the face of stress and doubt, honing your physical senses at the same time. It will make you more efficient in your work, and it will grant you calm and serenity, a feeling of knowing yourself and your place in the whole.

You must not seek Zen for the sake of these benefits alone - but it is natural and understandable that when knowing nothing of the art, you focus on the tangible benefits at first. Zen is a complete way of being, and you will only touch a finger to the surface of the pond when you think of it as a collection of useful tools. As you learn, the deeper truth will present itself to you. 

It will come naturally to those who understand, with only a little guidance. Zen is not about seeking answers externally - it is within yourself you will find peace and balance. Zen is taught from teacher to pupil, without superfluous ritual or stories. Too many words are a hindrance in connecting with your Self and the spring that is Zen. Too many words will only muddy your mind on its way towards that which is permanent and true.

Due to our circumstances, I cannot claim a true dharma lineage - I have been taught by TAU, not by a Zen master with an unbroken lineage down to Bodhidharma - but I chose to believe it was a Zen master who passed his or her teachings into TAU and from TAU onto the few of us who may have chosen to learn this art. I have not yet attained Sam?dhi, but neither have I met any other than myself with insight into Zen.

I am often to be found performing shikantaza meditation in front of The Window. It is my wish that those who are interested will gather there for lessons - the combined chaos and tranquility of the place is a fertile soil for your journeys.

I offer this teaching for free, in what available time I have, which is likely to vary from day to day. I do not require anything of you, except a willingness to learn and an honest interest in the subject. I will however only teach those I deem ready, to be decided after a testing period.

I have said all I wish here. If you wish to learn more, you may contact me.

---

Mizuki of the Horizon