Topic: Adellion

What do you think about Adellion  for RPG?
Sure ,it's a Beta ...but may be in some months.....

English Site :http://www.adellion.com/
French Site :http://www.adellion.com/fr/beta.php

http://www.adellion.com/fr/artwork/town.jpg

Re: Adellion

Introduction

Adellion is a world imagined and created by HonourBound and Adellion enthusiasts whom we can't thank enough for their input. Though the world classifies as a fantasy world, it holds many more similarities with our earthly reality than the norm of the fantasy-genre. In Adellion magic and other supernatural phenomena belong only in myths and beliefs.

Game Concept

HonourBound is creating a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) set on the world of Adellion. This means that it will be a game in which the players can interact over the Internet and together create the illusion of Adellion as a real breathing world. Our intention is for this to be more than just a game.

Adellion will be a diverse and vast world with many possibilities and options for the player. In fact anyone with enough dedication should be able to directly affect Adellion’s future. Founding a town, leading an army and farming land are all things which will be possible for the player to do.

Other image...
http://www.adellion.com/images/logcabs3.jpg

From that little in your post this sounds perfect for my tastes at least.

[big]Adellion is a perma-death game[/big]

Is there permanent death?
Yes, however after a new character is created they have a period, 1 week, where they cannot be harmed, harm anyone else or use any of the rogue skills. After this period is over they may be killed or knocked unconscious. If they are killed they experience a 'near death' stage and wake up in the nearest hospital currently controlled by their default culture. A player may have 3 of these experiences but the third time they die for good and must continue playing as their heir or choose a new character. If they have no heir then they must create a new character. Heirs inherit all the physical goods of their previous avatar. If a player wishes death the first time they die and not use their 'near death', that is also a possibility.

So this game will support role-players? What exactly does that mean?
This means that we will be doing what we can to encourage the players of Adellion to role-play as if they were actual people living in Adellion's world. We will do this first and foremost by creating an environment that is believable and consistent. The world will for the most part function as you would expect the real world to function, with only a few exceptions determined by game mechanics. Features like our family system will allow players to forge a community that brings Adellion to life. These families will welcome newcomers and teach them how to play in a way that is consistent with the ideals of Adellion.

Why not a  seed Community in Adellion?

A Video of Adellion...
http://www.adellion.com/dloads.php

I'm not sure what the game will turn out like, but from what you've posted here, I'm sure that we'll all at least give it a try once the game goes to full release. I know I'm intrigued. Perma-death has, to me, always been the game mechanic that will ultimately drive the PvP combat monkeys away. If you can die for good, you find non-violent solutions to confrontations or you play an endless sucession of beginner characters. The realisation that they can't just respawn, and that their hard-earned levels (or whatever) can vanish for good will rid a setting of anyone who just likes to kill for killing's sake.

Name: Laura Wampfler     

Role On Team : Dalmite Conceptualist and Map maker

From a personal standpoint, what is it that attracted you to the Adellion project?
I came to Adellion as a player to roleplay. I wanted an environment where roleplay was encouraged and even enforced so I could avoid all those folks in other games who do not want to roleplay and discourage others to do so. I wanted a game where the programming was created to support roleplay, not a game where roleplay was a side attraction to the rest of the game. I believe Adellion will be this game.

Permadeath also makes the concept of grief-play much more important. What ways are there in Adellion to control grief-play? How will you prevent high-level players (or groups) to kill lower-level players for no particular reason?
Paul Hutson: Adellion will be very different to current MMOGs, players will be much more careful with their character - and those that do kill others will be hunted down by the players, it will more or less rely on player justice.
Of course no one character is stronger than another combat wise - any new player could take out a very experienced player (although it is unlikely), therefore even griefers could be killed.

Adellion features permadeath, albeit with a lot of safety measure built in. What effect do you think permadeath will have on player actions?
Paul Hutson: I believe players will be much more careful with their characters - they won't always seek to fight everyone they meet or run into every dangerous situation there is. It will bring real excitement to those that 'toy' with death - and real fear to those that don't want to meet it.

An other picture...
http://www.adellion.com/images/towerDoor.jpg

I've recently become interested in Adellion, and I've started an RP thread on their interactive roleplay forum.

http://www.adellion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2919

Anyone is free to join in and RP in that thread, but if you want to join in, make sure that, after registering with the Adellion forum, you post a small introduction or let Teila know you're not an adbot some other way, because for spam reasons all new registrees have a time-delay on their posts that is only removed after they prove they are not adbots (usually by posting an introduction).

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

this game looks good,i am checking on the site regulary,and i cant wait till it comes out...seems almost perfect for RPing.
anyone got into beta yet?

That would be rather hard, since they're still in Alpha.

And if we were, we'd probably not be allowed to say.

(and my RP thread is long dead, by the way big_smile)

But the forums still have a steady flow of news if you know where to look. It's not really in one recognisable thread or anything. Just keep track of what Teila's posting.

-Norah/Liath-

Any noteworthy news on Adellion? It still sounds like it could be one hell of a game, if it's ever finished. smile

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

Ahnion wrote:

Any noteworthy news on Adellion? It still sounds like it could be one hell of a game, if it's ever finished. smile

News is: the new website is underway, though knowing their schedule, when they say soon, it probably means "will be up before winter starts."

Which means: completely re-done lore etc.
Also, the screenshots shown are outdated. All the screenshots currently available are very old and we have been told the game will no longer look like that. Presumably it will look better.

I think it will be finished, but not this year or even next year. Might go into open beta by the start of next year or so, though. At least if my estimate is any good. Does seem to be getting close now.
We can only hope it will make it and come out, but I have no doubt it's being worked hard on at the very least big_smile.

As well, they still seem to be looking for more development volunteers, in several areas, so if you have any skills and time to spare...

-Norah/Liath-

I hope it won't turn into vaporware.
It's great to see such initiatives come to life, but as it often happens with the littluns they run out of cash and dry up.

I dont think they are going to run out of cash... if i remember correct this project is being made in their sparetime?

Anyway, i got a feeling this game wont ever see any official release...