Topic: Ryzom Bankrupt

How can this happen again. :shock:
They are never going to let us play another MMORPG.  They keep going bankrupt on us. 

http://www.ryzom.com/news/archive/2006/ … nformation

Re: Ryzom Bankrupt

Just my [death]Karma[/death]. Just as I find a game that interests me, be it an MMO or a tabletop one - it just disappears! Either the DM falls sick, the game turns out a lot less interesting, the players quit and so on. Same goes with MMO's, as it can be perfectly seen on the examples of Seed and Ryzom.

Though I don't see a word about the game actually closing down - they will be active for at least a month and it is not known what happens next. It seems someone is re-buying the game and keeps it running.

In any case, the month is enough for us to see URU while Ryzom's still how it is now.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Well this saddens me a lot less than what happened to Seed but still....
Maybe we can start getting payed for NOT joining a MMO smile
Oh well I'll keep playing and see what happens...

Hey, I'm the guy with the [death]Karma[/death], so they better pay me not to join!

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Well... Im gonna enjoy my free month! :mrgreen:

Hope you will as well! No need to start the exodus or light the "return to floatbed" sign - right?!

... So lets just hope the wheels of fate hasnt yet reached the "End of another mmorpg"-position. :sifflote:

Last edited by Frakel (2006-11-21 16:16:47)

oh...just when i read that i was afraid the game was closing down!

This can be both good and bad...will depend on who is buying the game/company

Hey, it's going to be a fun month, even if it means fighting goo by eating it! GOO MUSHT FLOW!

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Indeed, it isn't over yet. It might just be a period of transition, if we're slightly lucky. So let's see.

Even if it's [death]All[/death], by the end of this month, URU will be running.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Yes Wheri, but we can't have you join URU Live - You'll just kill it off. Sorry wink

Oh well. Back to grinders for me. Well, expect new arrivals. What should I crash first?

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

You've got to be kidding! It happened again? And this is the second time for Nevrax, even...
So now everyone will be stuck with Silan for who knows how long?

A bit like what Until URU was, when URU Live died the first time, I guess. And since URU Live made it in the end and is coming back soon, I guess Ryzom might come back in full in time too.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

It all sounds fairly hopeful, really. If ownership of the game is being transferred to another company, it would make sense to freeze subscriptions so that their accounts don't get all messed up... Of course, I don't know much about business, and that's just a guess. Hopefully Nevrax isn't being bought by SOE... tongue

Malleus wrote:

Hopefully Nevrax isn't being bought by SOE... tongue

Heheh. I've been reading this wish, sometimes along with several words not to be repeated in front of young children (:P), all over the Ryzom forums.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Yes, I was starting to wonder about our luck too, despite not having been game for well over a month. The more time I spend working in the industry the more I think this is not that unusual. However it doesn't necessarily foretell doom for the game - I'll keep watching with interest smile

Greetings and well met, and truly not where I was intending on saying hello..but hey...might as well jump in both feet.

We should be hearing word over the next few days (from now til the 19th) as to what is going on. Who the possible buyer is and such. Also, I know there was a movement "free Ryzom" that was hoping to buy out the game and make it GNU. Course right now they are keeping it close lipped and said they would keep the player base informed as soon as they were able.

Personally, I've bounced around every mmo out there in a desparate search to find oher RP'ers like the ones from my old EQ days...and I found them here in Ryzoml. So as I've stated to may friends online...I will be there to turn out the lights if Ryzom goes away...but I know they are trying and hard as they can to keep the game we love alive.

Sincerely

Suryi