Topic: City of Heroes - Troubleshooters, Inc.

I don't know if there's anyone else around here who plays CoH or CoV, but since I intend to keep doing so (on an erratic basis) and since Broken and I decided to start a semi-IC (as much IC as is practical in the game, which is to say mainly just for fun) "supergroup" on Union (English EU server), I'll toss up a notice here.

The "group" is actually a bounty hunter company named Troubleshooters, Inc. The concept, obviously, is to take a step away from the do-gooder hero cliché and do something a bit different. So - if you feel like making a "hero" character that fits into the concept of a semi-Westernish bounty hunter and doing some offhand RP while playing, don't hesitate to contact me (global chat handle: Ahnion - characters in the group: Blademark and Ursine) or Broken (global chat handle: Broken Haiku - characters in the group: Old Otaktay) and we'll pull you in.

Cheers.

http://ahnion.centralen.net/temp/signature-Seed-community-2.gif

Re: City of Heroes - Troubleshooters, Inc.

Having decided that Ryzom wasn't for me, I found that I was going into MMORPG withdrawal and with URU still a month away (assuming it even comes out on schedule), I decided to give City of Heroes a try. I'm actually finding it more engaging than Ryzom- it's a level-grinding game, but the levelling doesn't feel like a chore and level differences don't make as much of a difference in a group.

I've settled on a character for the long term, Athanus PA MkI (I may have other Athanus PA models, the same person in different Powered Armour suits) on the Union server. Feel free to get in contact, the one thing missing from the game for me is the fact I've not found any RPers there yet.

Yeah, CoH/CoV takes very little effort to play. While it's not exactly a deep game, it's amusing enough in its own way. Personally, what I like the most is playing with one or two friends. More people in a group gets me a bit too stressed out.
It's just... the kind of game where you can actually jump in and play for an hour just for the fun of it, and that's nice, in itself.

Looking forward to seeing you in-game!

I only have CoV, my account is currently frozen, so no real use activating it again for the moment

I've now set my Global chat handle to Tantavalist, now I realise that I have one and what it does. I've been neglecting my hero in favour of my new Villainous character lately, Nightschild. And I bought CoH/CoV as one game in the "Good versus Evil" edition- do all accounts now allow both heroes and villains, or just those who bought the disk? The other enhancements characters created after purchasing the disk get are being added to previous account holders, so perhaps you can now have a try on the other side.

went out to see if i could get a copy of CoH, but all i find is CoV

You should be able to get the Good vs. Evil edition now, which has both games on one account for the same monthly fee. I'm not sure if all existing accounts can now create both heroes and villains- perhaps someone who's been playing for longer could answer this.

If both types can create both heroes and villains now, then it wouldn't matter which version you bought, it would just means a longer downloading time for patches.

Tantavalist wrote:

If both types can create both heroes and villains now, then it wouldn't matter which version you bought, it would just means a longer downloading time for patches.

That would be good, but i seriously doubt it, given the download would be several gigs.

Maybe i'll find in an online store that accepts debit-cards.

Play.com is where I got the Good vs. Evil edition, and it accepts debit cards, as that's what I use. if you already have one version of CoH/CoV, then buying the Good vs. Evil edition will allow you to add the month of free play to your existing account, so you'll be saving some of what you spend.

You don't have to get the Good vs. Evil edition to get both games for the same monthly fee (though you do have to get both games). Furthermore, if you have one game and get the other, you don't have to download additional content. It's all in the same client.

It was nice running into you tonight, Tantavalist. Maybe there's a chance for CoX and role-playing after all. The big, silent guy in blue, by the way, was my little brother, whom we were introducing to the game.

The upstairs bar thing in Pocket D could easily become a focal point for RP. I'll be checking in there now and then.

Yes, I've finally found where the RPers hang out. There were a few others RPing in Pocket D after you left. Hopfully this will become a regular thing. I'll be dropping by Pocket D on a much more regular basis now.

Ahnion wrote:

You don't have to get the Good vs. Evil edition to get both games for the same monthly fee (though you do have to get both games).

mmmh good to know...

As i can't find CoH atm i decided to just jump back into CoV, anyone interesting on jumping in along?