Topic: Rome PW

The Rome persistent world roleplay server for NWN2 is going live this saturday (the 9th). They have some interesting systems in that will make the gameplay very different from what most servers offer, for example:

-permadeath
-ultra-slow levelling
-no magic at all (historic setting)
-healing restrictions
-political and commoner RP encouraged (especially)

If anyone is interested, check out the site at www.nwn2rome.co.uk and post here to discuss. smile

SWG: CL90 Smuggler, Crimson Phoenix Ace, CL90 Engineer, Europe-Chimaera
AoC: L70 Guardian

Re: Rome PW

I just hope they'll have enough players to populate their world. And I wonder how they're going to handle the legions when you never know when your centurion is going to log in to give you your orders.

But in general, an interesting concept, and I'd check it out if I had time and the appropriate video card.

Ok, it does sound interesting, I'll grant you that much now that I've seen it. But my computer still can't run NWN2, so..

I must buy NWN2, probably upgrade my PC to run it properly, then play this game. It sounds so good, I'm getting twitches thinking about it...

easy now.... nwn2 is really good considering the standard of all other games around.... but its not *that* good wink

I might look into this PW once obsidian has released a few more patches and the world has had time to develope a bit. It does seem to have many of the elements i would be interrested in smile

ok, now you have my interest piqued...Permadeath, superb.

Permadeath, the only real answer to griefers and powergamers- the prospect that their actions could have permanent, long-term consequencces of any kind is the bane of any non-RPer. This game sounds better and better.

Uhh, it seems to be sort of dead... Is it a prank, or did the guy genuinely give up on it?

Well, with such a guy as the lead, I guess the project wouldn't have gone far either. If it's not a prank. 'LOL'..

Although

Judgemental pricks with no social skills whatsoever.

does describe me rather aptly of course... tongue big_smile

Not that I was going to play this Rome PW.... Still a shame for those of you who were looking forward to it.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

The project has been resurrected, and looks like you can log in to test already.

just checked www.nwn2rome.co.uk...and did whoever wrote that have a mental breakdown or something? It kinda scrared me...:o

Oh, yeah, it's www.nwn2rome.com nowadays.