Topic: hello!

OOC:

i didnt know a place to post my hello so i posted it here.
I recently found out this site through Oluf and i wanted to khnow which guys remembered me(-->Elfus producer of the ring the mission) and if the guys i did known are still out there aside from Oluf (Olaf?) i only remember the names Arash Esme and Mekhen.
and what game are u playing now...
Elfus from TM...

End of OOC  wink

Re: hello!

Heya Elfus!

There is an "Official welcome thread" somewhere here, though you did OK. smile
Anyway, you should find out easily what games are we playing, just read ahead.
Also, the forum is OOC except from the parts where it's clearly stated. wink

Welcome aboard, the Flying Dutch is ready to sail, yarr! tongue

where is the official welcome thread?

I have a very vague memory of someone called Elfus in The Mission at some point, so if you remember Theodore (or maybe Neshor or Phuriphat), that would be me.

Just above your thread "the I am new thread" it's sticky, the second one from the top.
Anyway, I remember you, maybe you know me too, Dustman from TN smile, I hang around in Canyon C quite much (hope my queues didn't upset you though tongue)

http://seedthecommunity.org/viewtopic.php?id=48 is the welcome thread, it's in the same thread as you posted, sticky item no. 2. But no matter smile Hiya there Elfus, of course I remember you. I was the player of Arash.

We're playing Saga of Ryzom now, and soon URU Live too, perhaps also Matrix Online, at least I think we're giving it a try sooner or later, thanks to Mir.

im a bad  forum user
any hints on finding the games Arash or mehken on?theyre the only ones i remeber

oops didnt read the above post

BTW im playing atitd now ( A Tale in The Desert) i wont quit for another game but atleast i can hold contact whit u guys

Indeed smile Welcome to the Community!

I think A Tale in the Desert is quite like URU Live in many ways, it was one of the games we looked at when deciding where to go from Seed. But in the end we didn't go there, though I believe Mehken at least has played one of the older Tales.

how is SoR?

Some original thoughts, original graphics, very much grinding (argh), no real interaction with the world (politics, possibility to change story or events through your actions), a friendly community and a lot (relatively speaking) of good and interesting roleplayers.

In all probability one of the better mainstream, big MMOGs, if not the best. Certainly the RP is great, which is the most important thing for me. If the game and gameworld itself supported roleplay and didn't focus on grinding so much, it would be even better though, but for that, we'd have to look for other games, such as possibly URU Live.

Right now though, there's the tiny problem with SoR that the firm behind it is undergoing bankruptcy, and they need another firm to take over very soon, or it'll all fall apart. New players can only play on the newbie isle (which is a great place as such, though probably lacking in RP) and not go to the mainland, until this is resolved.

think im gonna try the free trial.
what should i chose for server and such to be whit you?(if i everpay)
Anway keep me updated on what games ur playing!

Last edited by Elfus (2006-12-18 19:23:44)

Chose the Arispotle server smile

And just to make things clear, the roleplayers are great and the RP is good. But, for every roleplayer, there's of course 100 non-RP'ers, like in every other big game. So you'll have trouble finding roleplayers in that area I believe. They're there, but unless in a bigger group, or unless they see RP, they might not be IC. Anyway, good place for learning the game and seeing if you like that.

what race?

Whatever race, we're multiracial. You can read an IC description of us at http://seedthecommunity.org/viewtopic.php?id=41 (a little down the postings - Seeds of Atys). Just make a char you'd like to make, no matter race and such. And if you'd like to join the Seeds of Atys, make one that can agree with those listed views. But you don't need to of course, make whatever char you want, there'll be a guild and RP for you with whatever views you'd hold, I'll help you settle in with that if you need it later.

For now don't worry though. We're not all of us in the same guild, some whose chars have different opinions joined other guilds, which is great. We should chose guilds and ingame friends after what personality our chars hold, but keep together OOC here smile

Last edited by Darkhawk (2006-12-18 19:37:20)

yup, its oluf with a u big_smile

Good to see you found your way to the site, even if you decide not to play any of the games being played stick around anyway...the more the better! smile

Good to see you back Elfus wink It seems Darkhawk's answered your questions so I won't go there.

Darkhawk wrote:

I believe Mehken at least has played one of the older Tales.

Yes I did play a couple of months near the beginning of tale 2. Became too much grinding for me in the end, though. (I remember spending 10 hours on digging out some monument..)

im so happy i found the community back and SoR is installing now.
if i ever get to pay i think i will try to join Seeds of Atys since some of seed are in.
and it has also great goals TM also had (although they were not exactly the same).

Elfus (and i keep using my signature(hopefully i can make this into 'of The Seeds Of Atys'))Of The Ring TM

whew i  always get a rare feeling when i think about seed or write TM(actually when i first heard seed gotten bankruptcy i felt like i had tears in my eyes.)

im a lot more happy now...So who of you all (expect Darkhawk) is playing and in what guild?

Elfus from (believe it or not) The Ring The Mission

I'm playing Kendrus in SoR. Member of the Seeds of Atys as well.

oh if only you knew the *original* goals of TM....world domination and the oppresion of freedom!

uhm...i mean.... good that you are checking it out! big_smile SoR wasnt my kind of game so i am not playing it myself :\....but i sure miss the good roleplaying!

Hehe Oluf, nice try. No chance you'd know of those goals, you're just making a (qualified) guess wink

I'm playing someone called Faeron.

And don't believe Darkhawk's advice about creating a character with any beliefs you want. Better just go with the crowd. At least check before making your character that there is a suitable active RP guild for you, because there is not an RP guild for every viewpoint. (I've been trying to play a devout Kamist without finding a single suitable group.)

Last edited by Kryigerof (2006-12-19 04:08:59)

Oh, I thought your char finally found happiness, peace and true Kami-dom in that new guild. Guess not sad