Topic: Stupid question?

Uhm... is there a fundraising fund/donation thingie to get SEED back in the works? I can't seem to find one. hmm

Thanks. smile

Re: Stupid question?

I don't think anyone has even heard what the status of the Seed IP is in the courts right now. Runestone is probably still in bankruptcy proceedings, so just wait for their meet-up sometime in the next three months, we should have some new info then.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png

There is no fund raising I know of. I know Kroll was bidding on it. The only news I saw was that it was still up to sale a month ago but not for "human money". That looks like quite some amount, though would be nice to know more precise how much.

It has not been sold yet as far as i know. I have emailed kroll, and asked him to answer on the RGD forum, and hopefully shed some light on this case finally.
Most of us have moved on to new jobs, and we all consider Seed to be dead. Unfortunately. And with every day the, whatever slim, chances there might be of ressurecting Seed, gets smaller and smaller.
Seed has not been in development for almost half a year now, and that is a lot of time to loose on the gaming market.

I don't mean to break your spirits, but it'd take a miracle or divine intervention to get Seed according to the RGD vision up and running again. The banckuptcy is final, the company dissolved, the physical assets sold, and another company has moved into the office.

I'll post Kroll's answer in here, if he gives one.

Cheers

And as promised, the reply from Kroll :

I have attempted, on behalf of the creditors of Runestone, to sell the Seed IP since just after launch. This was an attempt that had to be made, to try to recoup some of the investment. Unfortunately, there was no game companies that wished to bid on it, so the attempt to sell the IP to a third party has failed.

What this means, is that the IP is now fully owned by our largest investors. It is highly unlikely that they want or are able to, relaunch and complete the game. It is also highly unlikely that they are able to sell it to someone who can.

I know this is not the news you hoped for: It would have been a better fate for Seed to be bought by some third party interested in relaunching the game, but this was unfortunately not the way things played out. Short of several medium sized miracles, the Seed IP is mothballed.

All the best
Kroll

Cheers

Last edited by HateTank (2007-01-25 09:11:05)

:\

Thanks for keeping us updated hatetank!

I am not religious...but maybe i should start down that path and hope for divine intervention wink

Yes. Thanks Hatetank. Although it was what I had come to assume would happen, it was right to hear it.

And Seed will never be dead wink It lives on in our hearts and in our minds, and more importantly in our expectations of the perfect RPG!

Esme

I guess there really is nothing more to do. Developing a game is very expensive, understandably. There are many people who were looking forward to this game though. And there are probably even more people who would have been looking forward to it if they had known about it. wink

I feel sad. sad

Thanks for your answers!

Blessings,

~*Mystaia

Can we have update on this thread? smile

Zammy : There's no news. It's probably still the same, but as I wrote in the other thread, I have mailed Kroll to enlighten us. He is in England, so we'll have to wait a bit.

Cheers

Thank you.