Topic: OOC: Player recruitment

Hi, all.

There's still space for one or two players in this campaign, so if you want to participate, please leave a message after this and contact me on IRC (server irc.mkc.fr, channel #seed). We usually play on Fridays at 18:30 GMT, though we sometimes move it to Sunday at 17:00 GMT.

Re: OOC: Player recruitment

I'd love to but I just don't have the time at the moment. Perhaps sometime when I'm not juggling 3 semiweekly PnP campaigns, weekly mahjong nights, a semiweekly boardgame night and a few less regular events.

*grumbles* I am too much of a party animal to be able to show up every friday...!

Otherwise i just might have giving this crazy project a chance, even if i dont really like pure text rpgs that much! wink

edit: how long does a session last ?

Oluf wrote:

*grumbles* I am too much of a party animal to be able to show up every friday...!

Many people have implied they'd prefer Sunday... but it doesn't suit Mehken, and existing players take priority (not only for loyalty reasons - games tend to suffer when players leave).

Oluf wrote:

Otherwise i just might have giving this crazy project a chance, even if i dont really like pure text rpgs that much! wink

So did many others say yet they've stayed so far.:)

Oluf wrote:

edit: how long does a session last ?

About 4 - 6 hours depending on content and enthusiasm.

Oluf, would you join us if we moved the game to Sunday at 13:00 CET? Esme? Others?

I have never tried to rp on irc (or text-based only) before so if posible I would like to sit in on a session to observe things before makeing up my mind.... I honestly got *no* idea how you guys are doing things smile
However if i like the way of playing and it was moved to sunday then yeah i would like to join!

Well, there's nothing scary about the way we play, and you can try it out with a character of your own with no obligation to stay. The pro for that would be that you wouldn't accidentally learn any secrets of the others. But if you really want to just sit and watch, then it's okay too.

Could you do this tryout on a Friday? Such as next Friday?

I wont be able to come this friday, but the next one i might be able to

Of couse i can see a problem if i simply sit in and listen.... i am sure everyone try to keep their dark secrets hidden as much as posible wink However i really would prefere this because as i said i got no idea how you are doing things.

tdb has a logging system for the sessions, doesn't he? You could read in that for a change if you want to, not like the real time session, but gives you an idea, more so that the time-stamps are there, so you can judge the rythm of the game too.

I think I'll PM Oluf the logs for the meeting at the Fire Station, unless somebody objects. That shouldn't at least have anything you hide from each other, so it should be okay.

Oluf, did you notice the logs I sent (to your e-mail)? How'd you find them?

Heh

I didnt know you had already sent them my way and they wernt in my inbox...so i checked my spam mail and for some reason it was there

Will give it a read

Curious. Those logs didn't even feature McGregor...:)

Oluf?

Kryigerof?

I sent you a mail a while ago (via this site...check your junk mail folder, maybe it ended up there) smile

However...the point of the mail i sent was that I dont think this way of rp'ing is really for me...so I wont be joinning :\

Hmm... I don't have a junk mail folder, so I must have mistaken your name and the message subject for spam quite by myself (if the subject was something like "Hello Kryigerof!" it's likely)... a downside of using nicks.

Well, if you're sure you wouldn't like it, then it's a shame. However, Norah and Kendrus were also sceptical at first, but now I believe they like it. Also, RP is hardly ever interesting when observed/read afterwards.