Re: Image Game

Somehow I hope this will cause a race to be the first to answer. I think this one is easy, but hey... you never know.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1363/imagegame5lr6.jpg

1. What's the name of this game?
2. What game is this a follow-up to?
3. How did the two first playable characters meet each other?

Can I point out that I'm on average ten years younger than you old farts. What is this, 3D Oregon Trail? DOS was loooong gone by the time I got to gaming.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png

1. Betrayal in Antara.
2. Betrayal at Krondor.
3. Aran, the main hero, saves William, the second character, from some beast (Wikipedia states it is a griffin, but I somehow recall it being a harpy. Strange) with an uncontrolled magical attack.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Well Sandling... www.abandonia.com. Go play!

As for Wheri's answers they're correct. About the creature, I must admit, I'm not entirely certain about its nature but it's definitely not a harpy. Categorizing it as a griffin sounds wrong to me too, though. I'd be more inclined to say it's unique for this game.

Anyway, that was also too easy, it seems wink

Last edited by Mehken (2007-09-18 18:55:25)

I actually have Betrayal at Krondor sitting on my drive right now, but I can tell you it's not going to get played for quite a long time because I have too much damned stuff to do already.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/coarsesand/graffisigtransparent.png

Gah. The only question I have in mind right now might be a bit too evil, so I don't mind if someone else posts one while I'm trying to come up with something moderately difficult.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

All right then.

http://www.hut.fi/~thorttan/Kuvat/arvoitus3.jpg

1. What is this?

2. What multimedia product is it from?

3. What group of creatures considers it home (species isn't enough)?

Ok. Not quite sure what answers you're expecting, but...

1. A goal for Lemmings (or sandcastle)
2. Lemmings 2: The tribes
3. Beach lemmings

Correct.

It's still up to Wheri to find a new one wink

Well, let's give this one a try.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5931/picturegame7rs7.gif
1. What's the hero's name?
2. What movie license was originally going to be used for the game?
3. What set it apart from other games on that console?

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Guess it's about time to give a tip for your 1337 Google-fu moves.
It is, in fact, somehow related to the previous game mentioned.

If that still doesn't work, I might throw another one.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Well, my only guess is they may have been made by the same company, but they seem to have made lots and lots of games, so I give up. smile

Ok, next one: it had a bit of a mix-up with the hero's sprite. The European and Japanese versions differed from American.

That may not help at all, but that's about all I can share without making it a contest of finding the right one in a list faster than everyone else. Maybe guessing the console might help, too.

Last edited by Wheri (2007-10-05 20:13:42)

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Generally, if no one answered within 24 hours, they're not going to.
So that goes for posting the first hint and any subsequent hint, I'd say.
Waiting a week would be way too long, people would lose interest.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Ok, this last one should be just bringing it to you on a ceramic (Hey, I don't have any silverware around) platter.

Try identifying the console was run on. That should narrow the list down to 10 games or so. Not a big list for sure. With the previous two hints you shouldn't even need much Google-fu.

If I don't see an answer in two days' time, I'll post the answer along with a new picture. I'll try finding something less obscure, of course.

And I offer an additional rule of posting a tip every two days and the right answer after a week of a picture's uptime. That'll get the game going faster.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

OK, I'm wondering how I'm supposed to identify a console based on a screen capture only...

Im looking forward to the day this thread moves away from being exclusively about obscure and obsolete games... Yes - Im a bad sport and a sore looser wink

Last edited by Frakel (2007-10-08 16:49:53)

It looks like megaman

*agrees with Frakel*

I'm still trying to get the balance between obvious questions, obscurology contests and "guess the item by a small zoomed part of it" sort of thing right. Can't say I'm very successful.

In fact, IDing the console by number of colors and sprite complexity isn't that hard. It does get harder after they hit 3D, but still...

And yes, the game has some similarity to the original (Non-X) Megaman series, although they're not related to each other. And this one didn't get a sequel I know of.

I'll post the answer if I don't get one by midnight.

Last edited by Wheri (2007-10-09 04:47:34)

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Time to end this. The game is called "Journey to Silius" or "Raf world" in Japan. It was originally going to be based on the Terminator license, but the company ended up losing the rights and releasing the game as is. The really unique part of it was the music: it had those deep bass sounds no other game for the NES had.
The hero's name in all versions was Jay.

As for some of the tips, it was released by Sunsoft, the same company that released some parts of the Lemmings series. The company's page on Wiki does lists quite a bunch of games, but only 10 or so of those are for the NES. I hoped it would be easy to dig through them if the console was identified, but looks like I've been wrong.

New and hopefully easier question coming later today.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Heh, don't know the game, and don't know Sunsoft.. We were thinking about Psygnosis and DMA Design. I guessed it was NES, and so I googled for 'NES platformers', but I didn't find any that looked like this. Oh well.

Whoops, technical difficulties. Looks like I won't be able to get a new question within a couple days. Since it isn't going to be interesting anyway, I don't mind if anyone asks another one.

"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Hep! Then Im gonna jump at this opportunity :mrgreen:

OK this is gonna be a little different - im gonna post a garbled image, and every day Im gonna ´ungarble´ it a little bit. So in time the question will become easier...

The question is: Who is this person?

http://seedthecommunity.org/gallery/albums/28/frakel-image-game/game2.jpg