Re: the "I am new" thread:

Hello and welcome to the Seed commuinity Emine smile

I guess you've seen our own Seed RP setting (Seed the Second Chance) amongst the subforums here? We also miss Seed a lot, and so started an alternative text-only RP based on it. Maybe you can find some inspiration there.

Also, in the 'Data Fragments', there's a lot of stuff as you probably noticed, including the Seed repository (which is currently moving, dunno if Rookiedoo has set it up yet), that has most of what we have managed to save, although a lot, especially stories and articles made in the Seed setting is not there (yet).

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean, Seed was fantastic, almost a life-changing experience, certainly the best MMOG I've played, real roleplaying and all. Sooner or later something that is somewhat alike might pop up, and maybe someone will manage to get the IP released. Best thing might be to just cherish what was though, as it won't be exactly like that again. The IP is currently resting with the investors of Runestone, who lost their money when it crashed. It might be gathering dust, but I still think they'll want a sizeable sum for it. To my knowledge, no one has really inquired (and told us about it).

Anyway, hope you'll have a good time amongst us smile

Thanks, I've been looking around a bit yeah, still alot of info and things I need before I can really start writing my rpg, but it's still early so I have time ^^

Been working on a Chimbot now, got a nice picture and am trying to figure out what they really are and can do etc...

I might even make a topic where I can gather some info, I'd be happy to share the story I wrote once it is ready, maybe the experts here can help me fine tune it.

I'd be interested in reading about your campaign. (Maybe we could make up a little fanfic universe of our own... tongue )

Hello everybody, just found this while sifting through SEEDs remains :cry:.

I was brainstorming for a story for my creative writing class originally and recalled this lovely game, had to do some nostalgic web-scouring after that, which eventually led me here. I used the name Isaac, but I wasn't very involved with the community so don't feel bad if you don't remember me.

Welcome home then smile
The name Isaac somhow ring my bell.. But I have so bad memories for name. hmm Feel free to join us on our IRC channel for a nostalgic chat wink

yay! more people! smile

Do hang around, and feel free to post that story you are doing in creative writting!
I am afraid I dont remember Isaac... :\

Hey, welcome to the forum Xavier smile

I'm afraid I have to join the group of people not remembering any Isaac, but there were certainly a lot of people moving into and out of Seed while it existed smile

I think I remember seeing an Isaac around too - welcome!

Hi, I'm not new, but I have returned...!

Welcome back! Get to the IRC channel! smile

Hello everyone. Shame that I had no possibility to play SEED at the time it got released. I was waiting for the game to mature but it died in birth. sad

Well you are welcome here anyway...we are still a small but hardcore group of Seed-players left.

Yeah, hardcore that's totally us big_smile

Visit our IRC channel sometimes smile

Hello Zammy, welcome to our forums. I think a lot of people waited for the game to mature, after 14 days, most people quit the game for one reason or another, though those who were RP'ing had so much fun and intensity, that they stayed all the way. That just wasn't enough :S

hello Zammy smile

We're notalgic enough you'll feel like you played it after hanging out in the IRC channel a while!

Hello and welcome. Oh, you might try catching some of us in other, still living MMOG's. I'm afraid we weren't quite successful in finding a game that would have at least a part of Seed's RP potential, but we manage to get some great action when we do get together.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Hey all!

I aint really new to Seed, a number of you may remember me. I know that some people on IRC remember me, especially those from TN Ring.

I am however, new here to STC, it's very pleasing to see that there is still a lot of like minded people who support Seed.

I hope I can be a valuable asset to the community and get a chance to talk to those I haven't had a chat with since the end of Seed.

Kai

Welcome back, so to speak smile.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Kailas wrote:

I hope I can be a valuable asset to the community

Welcome,

If you can cook, waste time on irc or both at the same time, then you'll fit nicely in tongue

Yeah, welcome Kai smile

Welcome.

welcome!

Hello big_smile

Nuala wrote:

Visit our IRC channel sometimes smile

I am one step ahead.