Topic: EVE Article about spacestations and avatars

Found this article:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=1448#more-1448

It's all coming together with a more avatar-based RP environment in EVE. EVE is still the most interesting mainstream MMOG in terms of setting, skillsystem and RP I think. Also the only MMOG I keep a subscription for. I'm not playing though, just skill training, bidding my time wink

Re: EVE Article about spacestations and avatars

Having recently re-subscribed, skill trained for a month and then unsubscribed again yesterday, I can't really say I agree with your estimate of EVE's superior features, but I could be coerced to re-subscribe again if we got a few Seeds in on it, but I seriously doubt that happening. At any rate, isn't that avatar dealy a year or so away, still?

SWG: CL90 Smuggler, Crimson Phoenix Ace, CL90 Engineer, Europe-Chimaera
AoC: L70 Guardian

That interview sounds great, but I don't really want to go back to EVE. While it does have a great setting and a lot of background info, it tends to feel like a job. If there really will be things to do on stations that don't fall into the standard "mine, refine, build, sell" grind, or some politics going on, I might decide to make a comeback.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Yes, I understand what you mean Wheri..

Well, it's just that I had to spend 3 hours or so a day on that grind, assisted by at least a hauler and a guarding ship to fuel a simple ship-building operation.
That thing I can tolerate if I get the hawt, hawt RP action in between the mining runs, or switch to more RP and less grind-centric activities. Running a bar on some station does indeed sound great, especially seeing that most of my characters tend to be merchants/shopkeepers of some sort.

Last edited by Wheri (2008-04-05 13:30:07)

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Hey, there's a long video presentation on the state of EVE and the Ambulation project here:
http://tentonhammer.com/node/32542
A character artist talks about everything related to the project and it's looking good! cool