Topic: Still Around?

Hi,

I just joined up with Uru Live, and was wondering if this community was still In Cavern or not.

I really hope it is, simply because I've been looking for a group of dedicated RPers to hang out with.

I hope to get up with you all soon.

Re: Still Around?

I'm still in, but I don't think the rest is.

Do you already know about the IC URU Live forums?
There are also other people running stories in there. If you're looking for somewhat larger groups. I haven't gotten involved so far.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

That's sad to hear.

Are they the DRC forums?

Marion Rya wrote:

That's sad to hear.

Are they the DRC forums?

Yep, those are the ones.

-Norah/Liath-

There is something keeping me from thinking URU Online is the greatest thing to happen to RP since Seed, and that's probably the lack of influence players have on the official story. It is more akin to reading a book than participating, which is such a shame, as URU could be such a compelling game if player actions mattered and we weren't only spectators. Anyway, of course that's the same in every MMO out there right now, and players can create their own stories. Still, if URU got this element in, I'd give it a second try.

For me, a factor is also that RP in URU is such a blurry affair.
Loads of people are just OOC, we have only one chatchannel, and then there's a big group who play IC and OOC at the same time, hard to follow.
Also a lot of players who say they like RPing and play pretty much IC all the time, but then when I see them writing on IC boards and read chatlogs, it looks to me like they have never even heard of basic separation of OOC and IC, and they seem unable, for example, to react IC through their char to the DRC. They keep mixing up reacting to the DRC with reacting to Cyan the company, and restricting their IC actions because they say Cyan won't do this-or-that or can't do this-or-that anyway.

I've kept from joining up to RP with them because I can't play that way: you can do something completely IC, and they jump all over you OOC because they don't like what you do, mixing up what you did with all kinds of OOC things.

Edit: So meanwhile, I just follow the story on my own and RP things silently with my char. Not that unfitting anyway, since I play myself and I'd be mostly going it alone anyway if I kept to that very strictly.

Last edited by Norah (2007-10-02 11:08:18)

-Norah/Liath-

Is URU-Live still up because i haven't heard anything about it for some time.

It's going down, the funding was pulled.

Some hopes of it returning, completely privately hosted and developed by Cyan, but if, when, where and how are all still unknown, so I fully expect it will be at the very least years before we see URU again, if ever.

Perhaps something like Until URU will spring up again in the possible meantime, but I have never had any interest in that.

-Norah/Liath-