Topic: Polling interest

Was thinking of starting a sort of guided forum RP thread here.

You ever read those books with a bit of story and then you get a choice, and depending on your choice the story goes differently? I was thinking of doing something like that, only with more choices and less set in advance. I'd make a story (or adapt one from a really good fantasy book world or something), and tell it. Then I put up a few choices. You each pick one, no reason to all pick the same one, I'll branch out for each participant (will take a bit of work). I will set general guidelines or a general framework for the story for myself in advance, but there could be a lot of improvisation and making stuff up on the spot. Each participant will create a character (send info on them to me or post it for all to see), I will need it and who knows, I might even be able to customise some stuff around specific chars.

Story will end, planning on not doing a very very long one for a first try, don't even know if the concept will work.

So, if anyone would be interested in doing that kind of forum RP here, let me know. If there is interest, I will then start on a storyworld, so might take a while before it starts.
This isn't something that would take a whole lot of work on your part, though you can RP around your choice as you like. More like a story being told for you and around your char. But will put in choices often, more often than you'd have in those books I mentioned.
Note in advance, once I do post more choices, I wouldn't want to wait days for someone's reply, so regular forum checking would be needed tongue.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Re: Polling interest

Interesting idea. I'm in of course. I guess each participant would need a thread to him/herself in order for it not to become messy? smile

Depends on the amount of participants. If you're in I'll start 'development'.  Once I start the actual thread it will be 'closed.' So from now until I'm done more people can sign up, if they want.  If there's more than 2 or 3 I'll make separate threads.

-Norah/Liath-

I'm interested, or curious at least. Are we going to live in the same story or are we all in different instances of it?

Kryigerof wrote:

I'm interested, or curious at least. Are we going to live in the same story or are we all in different instances of it?

Well, actually I hadn't decided that yet, since it would be very interesting to have the characters in the same story with the possibility to interact and such, but I find it equally interesting to have several different parallel stories, so you can see how stories start out the same and diverge based on different personalities of the characters and such.

So if you (all of you.... 2 tongue) had a preference?

-Norah/Liath-

This idea is so weird there's no reason not to maximize the weirdness. So I vote for different instances.

Right, different instances to try something new and twist-y wink

Alright then.

And I've come up with a setting: Garth Nix's Old Kingdom / Ancelstierre.

If you haven't read the books, here is some info:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Kingdom_series

But that's all for now, might take a while before I get something together.

-Norah/Liath-