Topic: Another Rebirth

URU has gone Open Source. No servers are up yet, but new developments are estimated to happen in spring. So I'm expecting them somewherebefore the end of this year tongue.

Seriously though, it might be a while before we see the first servers, and even longer before we see anything good happening (since, being open source, it can go in different directions, some people may find what they want sooner than others), but it's likely that those interested can be playing again sometime this year.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Re: Another Rebirth

i was wondering when you where going to make a thread about this smile

quite interresting, i guess there should be a chance for a real RP server

edit: woot...post 333 big_smile

I'm happy to hear that at least some of the more original MMOG's manage to return from beyond the grave.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Norah wrote:

URU has gone Open Source. No servers are up yet, but new developments are estimated to happen in spring. So I'm expecting them somewherebefore the end of this year tongue.

It's always a shame when your estimate turned out to be overly optimistic, while you were actually trying to be a bit pessimistic so as to not let people down.

However, I'm sure there are  also illegal servers up again somewhere like Until URU of the old days, in case anyone feels an urge to go play.

-Norah/Liath-

As an update, Open Source is actually happening.

Not much going on yet, but you can download and get in game again already. No new content than what we've already seen.

This time my pessimistic estimate of end-of-2010 turned out to be actually pessimistic, wow!

-Norah/Liath-