Topic: Gathering Places

In order to make sure that the RPers could find each other, the campfires were designated as the gathering place on Silan Island for the newbie players. We all met up there, and in time other RPers started to congregate there.

I my suggestion is that we designate a similar area in each of the four capital cities as the Forum, where citizens of all races and factions gather to talk. This will make it much easier for RPing to take place, since anyone who is not busy can hang around there and see who turns up. This idea occurred to me when I realised that I was simply checking my contacts list and hunting down those online whenever I wanted to do some RP.

The Bathhouse in Pyr already seems to be the default gathering spot, so that would be the gathering place for the Fyros lands. What suggestions do people have for the others?

Re: Gathering Places

My small scouting run in Fairhaven discovered a bar. It's not too pretty, but it's better than nothing for now.

RP in MMOG's looks like this when trying to base it on in-game activities:
"Let's go <activity>!"
"Yay, <activity>!"
"<motivation>!"

Since FairHaven is the only capital I've not yet been to, I'll defer to your judgement on this. And welcome to the Mainland, Wheri!

In Yrkanis there is a large tree. If you go inside it (no loading), you'll find a fountain and a lotus on top of it. It seems a good place.

As for Zora, there's a separate room in the city hall, but that's a bit away from the main bustle. Good for meetings of course. But if we make a guild in Zora, we'll get guild apartments, which would be a natural meeting place.

Guild apartments would be good, but the idea is that we can also meet people who don't join any guilds we might form in the future. The campfire meetings drew in several people who'd never played Seed but saw the RPing and joined in. We won't have anything like that happening if we only meet in Apartments.

In that case, the bar in Zora is a good meeting place, as are the city gates in Yrkanis. However the latter would feel wrong to gather in, IC. Yrkanis is somewhat boring, in regards to outdoor meeting places, as far as I remember.

Yrkanis has this green thingy with a hole in the middle, that I always found really pretty to gather at and talk.

Also shown on the wedding gallery pictures I posted.

-Norah/Liath-
"Do not follow! The milk is not ready, and you are not ready for the milk!"
-Psychonauts: Milkman Conspiracy area

Ah yes true, near the Karavan camp, I forgot about that one. It's a good meeting place.

So, we have proposed:-

Yrkanis:-  The Green raised area beside the Karavan shrine. (Whatever it is)

Pyr:-   The Bathhouse

Zora:-  The Bar (where the trainers are, strangely enough)

FairHaven :- The Bar (Never been, so will assume there is OK)

Anyone who can think of a better meeting place, speak up- the time to do so is before people get used to assembling there.

My own thoughts are that the area should be fairly public, but not to the extent that it will see a constant traffic of players through it. This means I have reservations about the Bar in Zora, but can't immediately think of a better place.

The green area next to the shrine will see some constant traffic and some just... loiterers, in Yrkanis. The Bath House in Pyr is a great place. Sauna thing upstairs, the fountain square not far away, plus... the bath! There's a spire in Fairhaven where you can stand out on a balcony 2 floors above the rest of the city. And ... I couldn't really think of places in Zora, as I'm not as familiar with it...

All in all, these sound like good ideas.

Just so long as you are somewhat -visible-. Some people think RP doesn't happen (or that "no one" rps) because they can't SEE it.

Have I mentioned lately how excited I am that you folks came here? *grins*

~E. Player~

Someone who has access to Fairhaven should have a look at this spire- it sounds good. The ideal place in any city will, as with the campfires on Silan, be private enough that we don't get constant traffic to disrupt the RP, but public enough that people can overhear the conversations and join in if they are so inclined. We need to attract those who are inclined towards RP into doing so.

Once we've settled on the locations, we should also consider posting them on the Ryzom boards.